Online Pharmaceutical Design and Manufacturing Certification
Post-Baccalaureate Certificate in Pharmaceutical and Medical Device Manufacturing
The online Post-Baccalaureate Certificate in Pharmaceutical and Medical Device Manufacturing addresses many topics that are relevant to the design and manufacture of pharmaceutical products and medical devices while maintaining regulatory compliance.
This certificate prepares professionals to apply engineering principles to design appropriate manufacturing processes, evaluate material use, energy consumption, waste generation, and economics, and gain knowledge of the regulatory requirements specific to pharmaceutical and medical devices and the process for obtaining approvals.
Upon completion, you may use the certificate to fulfill electives for master’s or doctorate degrees in engineering disciplines.
State restrictions may apply to some programs.
This program is organized into four 10-week quarters per year (as opposed to the traditional two semester system) which means you can take more courses in a shorter time period. One semester credit is equivalent to 1.5 quarter credits.
|CHE 571||Pharmaceutical & Medical Device Manufacturing I||3.0|
|CHE 572||Pharmaceutical & Medical Device Manufacturing II||3.0|
|Foundation Courses (Choose Two)||6.0|
|Transport Phenomena in Biological Systems|
|Unit Operations in Bioprocess Systems|
|Introduction to Project Management|
or EGMT 620
|Engineering Project Management|
|Elective Courses (Choose Two, including any Foundation Course not taken)||6.0|
|Medical Sciences I|
|Entrepreneurship for Biomedical Engineering and Science|
|Biomedical Ethics and Law|
|Medical Device Development|
|Medical Instrumentation I|
|Medical Instrumentation II|
|Data Analysis in Biosciences|
|Engineering Economic Evaluation & Analysis|
|Ethics & Business Practices for Engineers|
|Marketing: Identifying Customer Needs|
|New Product Conceptualization, Justification, and Implementation|
|Value Creation through New Product Development|
- A four-year bachelor's degree in engineering or sciences from an ABET accredited institution in the United States or an equivalent international institution
- Bachelor's degrees in math or the physical sciences may also be considered
- A minimum cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.0. If any other graduate work has been completed, the average GPA must be at least 3.0.
- At least 5 years of relevant professional work experience preferred
With multiple ways to submit documents, Drexel makes it easy to complete your application. Learn more by visiting our Completing Your Application Guide.
The tuition rate for the academic year 2018-2019 is $1265 per credit.
- This program is not eligible for Financial Aid.
- Special tuition rates available for Drexel University Alumni, Military members, and members of our Partner Organizations.
- These rates apply only to new online students and students being readmitted.
- Tuition rates are subject to increase with the start of each academic year in the fall term.
- All students must contact applyDUonline@drexel.edu within the first two weeks of the term to request tuition savings for which they qualify.
- Special rates cannot be combined. If you qualify for more than one special rate, you'll be given the one with the largest savings.
- When receiving special tuition plans with Drexel University Online, you may not combine them with other tuition benefits that may be available from Drexel University.
2018-2019 Academic Year
September 24, 2018
December 8, 2018
December 10, 2018
December 15, 2018
January 7, 2019
March 16, 2019
March 18, 2019
March 23, 2019
April 1, 2019
June 8, 2019
June 10, 2019
June 15, 2019
June 24, 2019
August 31, 2019
September 3, 2019
September 7, 2019
2019-2020 Academic Year
September 23, 2019
December 7, 2019
December 9, 2020
December 14, 2019
January 6, 2020
March 16, 2020
March 17, 2020
March 21, 2020
March 30, 2020
June 8, 2020
June 9, 2020
June 13, 2020
June 22, 2020
August 30, 2020
September 2, 2020
September 5, 2020