Certificate of Advanced Study in Integrative Addiction Therapies
The accredited online Certificate of Advanced Study in Integrative Addiction Therapies prepares healthcare professionals to treat patients suffering from substance use disorders within the holistic spectrum by healing the body, mind, and spirit. Students will learn to integrate evidence-based complementary and integrative therapies (CIT) such as nutritional neuroscience, neurofeedback, meditation, auricular acupuncture, and Qigong bioenergy therapies within the framework of conventional healthcare. These integrative therapies will enable healthcare practitioners to incorporate innovative, caring and holistic methods to an underserved population.
Substance use disorders are among the country’s most ubiquitous health and social issues. This cutting edge program is designed to empower practitioners to utilize complementary and integrative therapies within the scope of conventional healthcare practice to treat substance abuse disorders and enhance patient outcomes. A holistic, integrative treatment program for addiction requires combining neuronutritional treatment with other facets (bio, psycho, social, spiritual, economic,) including counseling and education to support lifestyle change.
- This ground-breaking Integrative Addiction Therapies program is not available at any other university worldwide
- This is the first program to offer future addiction counselors the skills needed to help achieve health and recovery of their patient’s brain and body, using natural and integrative methods
- Courses are taught by internationally-recognized leaders in Complementary and Integrative Therapies and distinguished psychotherapists in the field of Integrative Addiction Therapies
- Courses offered wholly online in a dynamic and interactive learning environment
American Holistic Nurses Credentialing Corporation, Inc. has endorsed Drexel University’s Complementary and Integrative Health Master's and Certificate Programs, which allows graduates of these programs to sit for the nationally accredited board certification in holistic nursing.
For questions, please contact:
Student Services Manager
State restrictions may apply to some programs.
This program is organized into four 10-week quarters per year (as opposed to the traditional two semester system) which means you can take more courses in a shorter time period. One semester credit is equivalent to 1.5 quarter credits.
|CIT 503||Holistic Living For The Caregiver||3.0|
|CIT 624||Foundations of Integrative Addiction Therapy||3.0|
|CIT 625||Spirituality, Empowerment, and Transformation||3.0|
|CIT 631||Introduction to Nutritional Neuroscience||3.0|
- A bachelor's degree with a major in a health related field from an accredited university with a 2.75 GPA or above on all previous coursework
With multiple ways to submit documents, Drexel makes it easy to complete your application. Learn more by visiting our Completing Your Application Guide.
- A completed application
- Official transcripts from all universities or colleges and other post-secondary educational institutions (including trade schools) attended
- One professional letter of recommendation from either previous or immediate supervisors or former faculty members who can attest to your clinical knowledge, skill, and potential aptitude for graduate study.
- References will not be accepted from colleagues or family members.
- Personal statement (800 to 1,600 words) that will give the admissions committee a better understanding of:
- Why you are choosing this particular track
- How your current work experience will enhance your experience in this program, and
- Your plans upon completing the degree
- Additional requirements for International Students
The tuition rate for the academic year 2018-2019 is $968 per credit. (A 10% tuition savings off Drexel's regular tuition rate of $1075 per credit)
- This program is not eligible for Financial Aid.
- Special tuition rates available for Drexel University Alumni, Military members, and members of our Partner Organizations.
- These rates apply only to new online students and students being readmitted.
- Tuition rates are subject to increase with the start of each academic year in the fall term.
- All students must contact applyDUonline@drexel.edu within the first two weeks of the term to request tuition savings for which they qualify.
- Special rates cannot be combined. If you qualify for more than one special rate, you'll be given the one with the largest savings.
- When receiving special tuition plans with Drexel University Online, you may not combine them with other tuition benefits that may be available from Drexel University.
Stephanie Maxine Ross, MH, HT, CNC
Stephanie Maxine Ross is an internationally recognized expert in Complementary and Integrative Therapies (CIT), a distinguished educator, with expertise in phytomedicine, clinical nutrition, and a specialty in women’s integrative health. She is a pioneer in the vitally important area of bringing Complementary and Integrative Therapies (CIT) education to nurses, physician assistants, medical students, and to other healthcare professionals throughout the United States.
Stephanie Ross is the founding Director of the Program in Complementary and Integrative Therapies (CIT) and Clinical Assistant Professor at Drexel University College of Nursing and Health Professions. In addition to her teaching, she is expert advisor in CIT and the research and content specialist in curriculum and program development.
2018-2019 Academic Year
September 24, 2018
December 8, 2018
December 10, 2018
December 15, 2018
January 7, 2019
March 16, 2019
March 18, 2019
March 23, 2019
April 1, 2019
June 8, 2019
June 10, 2019
June 15, 2019
June 24, 2019
August 31, 2019
September 3, 2019
September 7, 2019