Certificate of Advanced Study in Women's Integrative Health
The accredited online Certificate of Advanced Study in Women's Integrative Health provides healthcare professionals with an innovative mind-body-spirit understanding of women’s health.
Women's Integrative Health focuses on women’s unique physical, emotional, and psychological health care needs. Students will learn to explore the full female lifecycle spectrum, taking into account a woman's beliefs, intuitions, and preferences for care, allowing practitioners to form a healing partnership that provides patients with the finest possible health care.
The program emphasizes the integration of evidence-based Complementary and Integrative Therapies such as phytomedicine, nutrition, mind/body, and energy therapy modalities within the framework of conventional healthcare practice.
- Courses are taught by leading women's integrative health practitioners and internationally-recognized experts in complementary and integrative therapies
- Offered by Drexel’s top-ranked College of Nursing and Health Professions
- Pioneering program in women's integrative health is the first university program to offer practitioners evidenced-based integrative treatment
- Coursework is designed for nurse practitioners, nurses, physician assistants, nutrition scientists and other health care professionals
American Holistic Nurses Credentialing Corporation, Inc. has endorsed Drexel University’s Complementary and Integrative Health Master's and Certificate Programs, which allows graduates of these programs to sit for the nationally accredited board certification in holistic nursing.
For questions please contact:
Student Services Manager
State restrictions may apply to some programs.
This program is organized into four 10-week quarters per year (as opposed to the traditional two semester system) which means you can take more courses in a shorter time period. One semester credit is equivalent to 1.5 quarter credits.
|CIT 503||Holistic Living For The Caregiver||3.0|
|CIT 534||Witches, Wise Women, and Women Healers||3.0|
|CIT 602||Women's Integrative Health||3.0|
|CIT 658||Advanced Women's Integrative Health||3.0|
- A bachelor's degree with a major in a health related field from an accredited university with a GPA of 2.75 or above
With multiple ways to submit documents, Drexel makes it easy to complete your application. Learn more by visiting our Completing Your Application Guide.
- A completed application
- Official transcripts from all universities or colleges and other post-secondary educational institutions (including trade schools) attended
- One professional letter of recommendation from either previous or immediate supervisors or former faculty members who can attest to your clinical knowledge, skill, and potential aptitude for graduate study.
- References will not be accepted from colleagues or family members.
- Personal statement (800 to 1,600 words) that will give the admissions committee a better understanding of:
- Why you are choosing this particular track
- How your current work experience will enhance your experience in this program, and
- Your plans upon completing the degree
- Nurses, Physicians Assistants and other health professionals who hold licensure or a certificate must provide a copy of your license, or eligibility for licensure or certificate
- Additional requirements for International Students
The tuition rate for the academic year 2019-2020 is $997 per credit. (A 10% tuition savings off Drexel's regular tuition rate of $1107 per credit)
- This program is not eligible for Financial Aid.
- Special tuition rates available for Drexel University Alumni, Military members, and members of our Partner Organizations.
- These rates apply only to new online students and students being readmitted.
- Tuition rates are subject to increase with the start of each academic year in the fall term.
- All students must contact applyDUonline@drexel.edu within the first two weeks of the term to request tuition savings for which they qualify.
- Special rates cannot be combined. If you qualify for more than one special rate, you'll be given the one with the largest savings.
- When receiving special tuition plans with Drexel University Online, you may not combine them with other tuition benefits that may be available from Drexel University.
2018-2019 Academic Year
September 24, 2018
December 8, 2018
December 10, 2018
December 15, 2018
January 7, 2019
March 16, 2019
March 18, 2019
March 23, 2019
April 1, 2019
June 8, 2019
June 10, 2019
June 15, 2019
June 24, 2019
August 31, 2019
September 3, 2019
September 7, 2019
2019-2020 Academic Year
September 23, 2019
December 7, 2019
December 9, 2020
December 14, 2019
January 6, 2020
March 16, 2020
March 17, 2020
March 21, 2020
March 30, 2020
June 8, 2020
June 9, 2020
June 13, 2020
June 22, 2020
August 30, 2020
September 2, 2020
September 5, 2020