Graduate Certificate in Substance Use Disorders
Drexel’s accredited online Certificate in Substance Use Disorders provides health care professionals with a comprehensive foundation in the etiology of substance use, the bio-psycho-social nature of addiction, and new cognitive therapies.
The program promotes the use of both prevention and treatment through integrated remedies and was designed for students with bachelor's degrees in psychology, social work, nursing, or other allied health professions who want to acquire a higher level of expertise in substance use disorders treatment.
- Students develop advanced evidence-based treatment competencies and comprehensive knowledge of the bio-psycho-social dynamics of substance use
- Includes educational training hours to either obtain or maintain a credential as a drug/alcohol counseling professional
- Addresses the $600 billion in annual costs related to crime, productivity and health care caused by substance abuse
State restrictions may apply to some programs.
This program is organized into four 10-week quarters per year (as opposed to the traditional two semester system) which means you can take more courses in a shorter time period. One semester credit is equivalent to 1.5 quarter credits.
|BACS 534||Approaches to Substance Use Disorders||3.0|
|BACS 535||Motivational Enhancement Skills||3.0|
|BACS 540||Treatment Planning and Relapse Prevention||3.0|
|BACS 568||Substance Use Counseling with Special Populations||3.0|
|BACS 560||Preventing Substance Use Disorders||3.0|
|BACS 570||Clinical Supervision Skills||3.0|
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited university
- Clinical experience is recommended, but not required
With multiple ways to submit documents, Drexel makes it easy to complete your application. Learn more by visiting our Completing Your Application Guide.
The tuition rate for the academic year 2019-2020 is $665 per credit. (A 40% tuition savings off Drexel's regular tuition rate of $1107 per credit)
- This program is not eligible for Financial Aid.
- Special tuition rates available for Drexel University Alumni, Military members, and members of our Partner Organizations.
- These rates apply only to new online students and students being readmitted.
- Tuition rates are subject to increase with the start of each academic year in the fall term.
- All students must contact applyDUonline@drexel.edu within the first two weeks of the term to request tuition savings for which they qualify.
- Special rates cannot be combined. If you qualify for more than one special rate, you'll be given the one with the largest savings.
- When receiving special tuition plans with Drexel University Online, you may not combine them with other tuition benefits that may be available from Drexel University.
2019-2020 Academic Year
September 23, 2019
December 7, 2019
December 9, 2019
December 14, 2019
January 6, 2020
March 16, 2020
March 17, 2020
March 21, 2020
March 30, 2020
June 8, 2020
June 9, 2020
June 13, 2020
June 22, 2020
August 30, 2020
September 2, 2020
September 5, 2020