Online Master's (MS) in Construction Management
Gregory Page, MS in Construction Management '17
What can you do with a Construction Management degree?
Drexel’s online Master's in Construction Management degree gives you the opportunity to develop the multidisciplinary skillset required of effective senior construction managers and supervisors. The program focuses on meeting the challenges of complex construction projects, challenging deadlines and increasing regulation. The program focuses on the technical knowledge, practical business decision-making, and leadership skills relevant to successfully managing construction operations.
Graduates work as project managers, coordinators, estimators, schedulers, safety specialists, business development managers, suppliers, regulators, and other stakeholders involved with construction projects. Some rise to senior-level executive positions, while others own and operate their own firms.
How do you become a construction manager?
Step 1 – Earn your Bachelor’s degree: An undergraduate degree in construction management, engineering or architecture is preferred; however, if you’re changing careers, Drexel’s online Master’s in Construction Management curriculum and concentration options will provide the strategic thinking and action-based learning skills needed for your new career in construction management.
Step 2 – Experience counts: Those considering a change in career should look for entry level positions or internship opportunities in a construction management firm. A management assistant position provides a first-hand knowledge of construction site operations.
Step 3 – Earn your Master’s degree in Construction Management: Drexel’s online Master’s in Construction Management provides the technical competence, strong business acumen, and essential leadership skills needed to navigate the daily challenges construction managers face in successfully managing construction operations.
- Construction Project Management
- Real Estate Development
- Sustainability and Green Construction
What makes Drexel’s MS in Construction Management stand out?
- Quality - Technical competence and strong business acumen taught through rigorous, targeted graduate study.
- Outstanding faculty - Drexel’s faculty has decades of construction management experience in both the public and private sectors, as well as union and open shop environments.
- Highly-Interactive - Drexel’s curriculum engages and challenges, while remaining convenient for working professionals. All courses are offered online. No residency requirements or on-site classes are mandated, allowing you flexible participation.
You Oughta Be in Pictures
Drexel professor, and member of the Carpenters Company of the City and County of Philadelphia, Charles Cook explains the history behind Philadelphia’s most iconic historical structures (and the two movies he made about them) in Drexel’s 10,000 Hours Podcast.
This program is organized into four 10-week quarters per year (as opposed to the traditional two semester system) which means you can take more courses in a shorter time period. One semester credit is equivalent to 1.5 quarter credits.
|Core Foundation Courses|
|CMGT 501||Leadership in Construction||3.0|
|CMGT 505||Construction Accounting and Financial Management||3.0|
|CMGT 510||Construction Control Techniques||3.0|
|CMGT 512||Cost Estimating and Bidding Strategies||3.0|
|CMGT 515||Risk Management in Construction||3.0|
|Choose a concentration in one of the following areas:|
|Construction Management Project Management|
|Applied Construction Project Management|
|Construction Contract Administration|
|Equipment Applications and Economy|
|International Construction Practices|
|Strategic Management in Construction|
|Schedule Impact Analysis|
|Quality Management and Construction Performance|
|Productivity Analysis and Improvement|
|Select eight of the following:|
|Community Impact Analysis|
|Real Estate Development|
|Advanced Real Estate Investment & Analysis|
|Advanced Market Research & Analysis|
|Sales & Marketing of Real Estate|
|Real Estate Economics in Urban Markets|
|Real Estate Finance|
|Real Estate Valuation & Analysis|
|Legal Issues in Real Estate Development|
|Sustainability and Green Construction|
|Community Impact Analysis|
|Sustainable Principles & Practices|
|Capstone Project in Construction Management I|
|Capstone Project in Construction Management II|
- A bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Engineering, Business, or non-technical degree from a regionally accredited university
With multiple ways to submit documents, Drexel makes it easy to complete your application. Learn more by visiting our Completing Your Application Guide.
- A completed application
- Official transcripts from all universities or colleges and other post-secondary educational institutions (including trade schools) attended
- Two letters of recommendation (academic or professional)
- A 500 word essay on why you wish to pursue the program
- Additional requirements for International Students
The tuition rate for the academic year 2018-2019 is $1265 per credit.
- This program is eligible for Financial Aid.
- Special tuition rates available for Drexel University Alumni, Military members, and members of our Partner Organizations
- These rates apply only to new online students and students being readmitted.
- Tuition rates are subject to increase with the start of each academic year in the fall term.
- All students must contact applyDUonline@drexel.edu within the first two weeks of the term to request tuition savings for which they qualify.
- Special rates cannot be combined. If you qualify for more than one special rate, you'll be given the one with the largest savings.
- When receiving special tuition plans with Drexel University Online, you may not combine them with other tuition benefits that may be available from Drexel University.
2018-2019 Academic Year
September 24, 2018
December 8, 2018
December 10, 2018
December 15, 2018
January 7, 2019
March 16, 2019
March 18, 2019
March 23, 2019
April 1, 2019
June 8, 2019
June 10, 2019
June 15, 2019
June 24, 2019
August 31, 2019
September 3, 2019
September 7, 2019