Online Master's (MS) in Construction Management
Gregory Page, MS in Construction Management '17
What can you do with a Construction Management degree?
Drexel’s online Master's in Construction Management degree gives you the opportunity to develop the multidisciplinary skillset required of effective senior construction managers and supervisors. The program focuses on meeting the challenges of complex construction projects, challenging deadlines and increasing regulation. The program focuses on the technical knowledge, practical business decision-making, and leadership skills relevant to successfully managing construction operations.
Graduates work as project managers, coordinators, estimators, schedulers, safety specialists, business development managers, suppliers, regulators, and other stakeholders involved with construction projects. Some rise to senior-level executive positions, while others own and operate their own firms.
How do you become a construction manager?
Step 1 – Earn your Bachelor’s degree: An undergraduate degree in construction management, engineering or architecture is preferred; however, if you’re changing careers, Drexel’s online Master’s in Construction Management curriculum and concentration options will provide the strategic thinking and action-based learning skills needed for your new career in construction management.
Step 2 – Experience counts: Those considering a change in career should look for entry level positions or internship opportunities in a construction management firm. A management assistant position provides a first-hand knowledge of construction site operations.
Step 3 – Earn your Master’s degree in Construction Management: Drexel’s online Master’s in Construction Management provides the technical competence, strong business acumen, and essential leadership skills needed to navigate the daily challenges construction managers face in successfully managing construction operations.
- Construction Project Management
- Real Estate Development
- Sustainability and Green Construction
What makes Drexel’s MS in Construction Mangement stand out?
- Quality - Technical competence and strong business acumen taught through rigorous, targeted graduate study.
- Outstanding faculty - Drexel’s faculty has decades of construction management experience in both the public and private sectors, as well as union and open shop environments.
- Highly-Interactive - Drexel’s curriculum engages and challenges, while remaining convenient for working professionals. All courses are offered online. No residency requirements or on-site classes are mandated, allowing you flexible participation.
This program is organized into four 10-week quarters per year (as opposed to the traditional two semester system) which means you can take more courses in a shorter time period. One semester credit is equivalent to 1.5 quarter credits.
|Core Foundation Courses|
|CMGT 501||Leadership in Construction||3.0|
|CMGT 505||Construction Accounting and Financial Management||3.0|
|CMGT 510||Construction Control Techniques||3.0|
|CMGT 512||Cost Estimating and Bidding Strategies||3.0|
|CMGT 515||Risk Management in Construction||3.0|
|You may pursue a concentration in one of the following areas:|
|Construction Management Project Management Concentration|
|Applied Construction Project Management|
|Construction Contract Administration|
|Equipment Applications and Economy|
|International Construction Practices|
|Strategic Management in Construction|
|Schedule Impact Analysis|
|Quality Management and Construction Performance|
|Productivity Analysis and Improvement|
|Real Estate Concentration|
|Select eight of the following:|
|Community Impact Analysis|
|Real Estate Development|
|Advanced Real Estate Investment & Analysis|
|Advanced Market Research & Analysis|
|Sales & Marketing of Real Estate|
|Real Estate Economics in Urban Markets|
|Real Estate Finance|
|Real Estate Valuation & Analysis|
|Legal Issues in Real Estate Development|
|Sustainability and Green Construction Concentration|
|Community Impact Analysis|
|Sustainable Principles & Practices|
|Capstone Project in Construction Management I|
|Capstone Project in Construction Management II|
- A bachelor’s degree in Construction Management, Engineering, Business, or non-technical degree from a regionally accredited university
With multiple ways to submit documents, Drexel makes it easy to complete your application. Learn more by visiting our Completing Your Application Guide.
- A completed application
- Official transcripts from all universities or colleges and other post-secondary educational institutions (including trade schools) attended
- Two professional letters of recommendation
- A 500 word essay on why you wish to pursue the program
- Additional requirements for International Students
The tuition rate for the academic year 2017-2018 is $1228 per credit.
- This program is eligible for Financial Aid.
- Special tuition rates available for Drexel University Alumni, Military members, and members of our Partner Organizations.
- These rates apply only to new online students and students being readmitted.
- All students must contact applyDUonline@drexel.edu within the first two weeks of the term to request tuition savings for which they qualify.
- Special rates cannot be combined. If you qualify for more than one special rate, you'll be given the one with the largest savings.
- When receiving special tuition plans with Drexel University Online, you may not combine them with other tuition benefits that may be available from Drexel University.
2017-2018 Academic Year
September 25, 2017
December 9, 2017
December 11, 2017
December 16, 2017
January 8, 2018
March 17, 2018
March 19, 2018
March 24, 2018
April 2, 2018
June 9, 2018
June 11, 2018
June 15, 2018
June 25, 2018
September 1, 2018
September 4, 2018
September 8, 2018
2018-2019 Academic Year
September 24, 2018
December 8, 2018
December 10, 2018
December 15, 2018
January 7, 2019
March 16, 2019
March 18, 2019
March 23, 2019
April 1, 2019
June 8, 2019
June 10, 2019
June 14, 2019
June 24, 2019
August 31, 2019
September 3, 2019
September 7, 2019