School Principal Certification Program Online
The accredited online PA Administrative Certificate, Principal K-12 was designed to develop school leaders who can:
- Lead schools collaboratively to solve complex problems in a framework of leadership standards
- Educate students to achieve 21st century learning goals
- Mentor and coach teachers in instructional and assessment decision-making
- Reflect on practice to new action and research
- Partner with schools/districts to mentor new leaders
- Demonstrate competencies: active listening; speaking and writing; team building; and conflict resolution
- A flexible, completely online program that fits easily into your busy work and personal schedule
- Named one of “America’s Best Graduate Schools” preparing today’s educators by U.S. News & World Report
- Approved by the Pennsylvania Department of Education
- A highly interactive online learning method allows extensive interaction with faculty and other classmates
State restrictions may apply to some programs.
This program is organized into four 10-week quarters per year (as opposed to the traditional two semester system) which means you can take more courses in a shorter time period. One semester credit is equivalent to 1.5 quarter credits.
|EDAM 702||School Leadership & Decision Making||3.0|
|EDAM 705||School Law and Politics||3.0|
|EDAM 708||Integration of Technology with School Instruction and Management||3.0|
|EDAM 710||School Finance and Facilities||3.0|
|EDAM 712||School and Community Partnerships and Relations||3.0|
|EDAM 714||Instructional and Curriculum Leadership||3.0|
|EDAM 715||School Principal Internship: Technology||1.5|
|EDAM 716||School Principal Internship: Finance||1.5|
|EDAM 717||School Principal Internship: Leadership||1.5|
|EDAM 718||School Principal Internship: Relations||1.5|
- A bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution with a GPA of 3.0 or higher (graduate degree GPA will be considered along with the undergraduate GPA)
- A state-issued teaching or counseling certificate
With multiple ways to submit documents, Drexel makes it easy to complete your application. Learn more by visiting our Completing Your Application Guide.
- A completed application
- Official transcripts from all universities or colleges and other post-secondary educational institutions (including trade schools) attended
- Two letters of recommendation (professional or academic)
- One letter must come from the principal of the school where the applicant has worked.
- This recommendation must speak to your presentation skills and experiences in leadership roles within a K-12 school setting as well as any skills that would have a strong bearing onyour success as a school leader or administrator.
- An essay describing why you're interested in pursuing this program
- Include two paragraphs briefly describing your educational philosophy and how principals shape learning in K-12 schools.
- Additional requirements for International Students
The tuition rate for the academic year 2019-2020 is $978 per credit. (A 25% tuition savings off Drexel's regular tuition rate of $1303 per credit)
- This program is eligible for Financial Aid.
- Special tuition rates available for Drexel University Alumni, Military members, and members of our Partner Organizations
- These rates apply only to new online students and students being readmitted.
- Tuition rates are subject to increase with the start of each academic year in the fall term.
- All students must contact applyDUonline@drexel.edu within the first two weeks of the term to request tuition savings for which they qualify.
- Special rates cannot be combined. If you qualify for more than one special rate, you'll be given the one with the largest savings.
- When receiving special tuition plans with Drexel University Online, you may not combine them with other tuition benefits that may be available from Drexel University.
2018-2019 Academic Year
September 24, 2018
December 8, 2018
December 10, 2018
December 15, 2018
January 7, 2019
March 16, 2019
March 18, 2019
March 23, 2019
April 1, 2019
June 8, 2019
June 10, 2019
June 15, 2019
June 24, 2019
August 31, 2019
September 3, 2019
September 7, 2019
2019-2020 Academic Year
September 23, 2019
December 7, 2019
December 9, 2020
December 14, 2019
January 6, 2020
March 16, 2020
March 17, 2020
March 21, 2020
March 30, 2020
June 8, 2020
June 9, 2020
June 13, 2020
June 22, 2020
August 30, 2020
September 2, 2020
September 5, 2020