Graduate Certificate in Student Development and Affairs
The accredited online Graduate Certificate in Student Development and Affairs prepares students to meet the on-going societal changes and transformations that are affecting institutions of higher education. University administrators will need to learn how to make colleges supportive, learning rich environments for all students ranging from traditional students to adult students. The program will help participants learn how to develop policies and practices that allow students to stay connected to each other and the institution in the face of technological and societal trends that will increasingly foster disconnectedness.
- A flexible, completely online program that fits easily into your busy work and personal schedule
- Ideal for those who've already earned a bachelor's or master's degree and want to enhance their knowledge and professional credentials without pursing another full degree program
- Drexel was named one of “America’s Best Graduate Schools” preparing today’s educators by U.S. News & World Report, and our teacher education programs are approved by the Pennsylvania Department of Education
- A highly interactive online learning method allows extensive interaction with faculty and other classmates
State restrictions may apply to some programs.
This program is organized into four 10-week quarters per year (as opposed to the traditional two semester system) which means you can take more courses in a shorter time period. One semester credit is equivalent to 1.5 quarter credits.
|EDHE 500||Foundations of Higher Education||3.0|
|EDHE 520||Student Development & Customer Service Management||3.0|
|EDHE 530||Higher Education Law||3.0|
|Select three of the following:||9.0|
|Enrollment Marketing, Recruitment & Retention|
|Critical Issues in Student Affairs|
|Safety and Crisis Management|
|Diversity in Higher Education|
- A bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution with a GPA of 3.0 or higher (graduate degree GPA will be considered along with the undergraduate GPA)
- The cumulative GPA for graduate course work begun, but not to date completed, will be considered along with an applicant's undergraduate GPA
- Provisional admission may be considered if your undergraduate GPA is between 2.70 to 2.99, but your other admissions materials are strong
With multiple ways to submit documents, Drexel makes it easy to complete your application. Learn more by visiting our Completing Your Application Guide.
- A completed application
- Official transcripts from all universities or colleges and other post-secondary educational institutions (including trade schools) attended
- Two letters of recommendation (professional or academic)
- An essay describing why you're interested in pursuing this program
- Additional requirements for International Students
The tuition rate for the academic year 2018-2019 is $949 per credit. (A 25% tuition savings off Drexel's regular tuition rate of $1265 per credit)
- This program is not eligible for Financial Aid.
- Special tuition rates available for Drexel University Alumni, Military members, and members of our Partner Organizations.
- These rates apply only to new online students and students being readmitted.
- Tuition rates are subject to increase with the start of each academic year in the fall term.
- All students must contact applyDUonline@drexel.edu within the first two weeks of the term to request tuition savings for which they qualify.
- Special rates cannot be combined. If you qualify for more than one special rate, you'll be given the one with the largest savings.
- When receiving special tuition plans with Drexel University Online, you may not combine them with other tuition benefits that may be available from Drexel University.
2018-2019 Academic Year
September 24, 2018
December 8, 2018
December 10, 2018
December 15, 2018
January 7, 2019
March 16, 2019
March 18, 2019
March 23, 2019
April 1, 2019
June 8, 2019
June 10, 2019
June 15, 2019
June 24, 2019
August 31, 2019
September 3, 2019
September 7, 2019
2019-2020 Academic Year
September 23, 2019
December 7, 2019
December 9, 2020
December 14, 2019
January 6, 2020
March 16, 2020
March 17, 2020
March 21, 2020
March 30, 2020
June 8, 2020
June 9, 2020
June 13, 2020
June 22, 2020
August 30, 2020
September 2, 2020
September 5, 2020