Collaborative Special Education Law and Process Certificate
The Collaborative Special Education Law and Process Certificate program prepares you to meet the unique learning needs of students with disabilities, through legally mandated school, home and community collaboration, which is the goal of educational policy in the United States.
The online program aims to more fully develop highly qualified special education teachers and administrators, in addition to extending this knowledge to parents and advocates. You’ll receive the specialized training necessary to become a collaborative partner in the complex process of implementing federal and state mandates to appropriately educate students with disabilities and special needs.
- Led by an established team of faculty who are former and current special education hearing officers, state review officers, attorneys, mediators, IEP facilitators, teachers, administrators, parents and advocates; whose scholarship, experience and training addresses cross-cutting issues of special education law, policy, process and procedure
- Unique opportunity for special education teachers and administrators to learn alongside parents and advocates
- Courses may be used toward the MS in Special Education
State restrictions may apply to some programs.
|EDEX 600||Family, School and Community Engagement in Special Education||3.0|
|EDEX 601||Special Education Advocacy||3.0|
|EDEX 602||Special Education Dispute Resolution and Skills Training||3.0|
|EDEX 710||School Law and Policy in Special Education||3.0|
- Bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution
- Undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or higher (graduate degree GPA will be considered along with undergraduate GPA)
- If you do not meet this requirement, you’re still encouraged to apply and your file will be reviewed on an individual basis by the Program Director
With multiple ways to submit documents, Drexel makes it easy to complete your application. Learn more by visiting our Completing Your Application Guide.
- A completed application
- Official transcripts from all universities or colleges and other post-secondary educational institutions (including trade schools) attended
- Two professional letters of recommendation (professional or academic)
- Essay describing why you're interested in pursuing this program
- Additional requirements for International Students
The tuition rate for the academic year 2018-2019 is $949 per credit. (A 25% tuition savings off Drexel's regular tuition rate of $1265 per credit)
- This program is not eligible for Financial Aid.
- Special tuition rates available for Drexel University Alumni, Military members, and members of our Partner Organizations.
- These rates apply only to new online students and students being readmitted.
- Tuition rates are subject to increase with the start of each academic year in the fall term.
- All students must contact applyDUonline@drexel.edu within the first two weeks of the term to request tuition savings for which they qualify.
- Special rates cannot be combined. If you qualify for more than one special rate, you'll be given the one with the largest savings.
- When receiving special tuition plans with Drexel University Online, you may not combine them with other tuition benefits that may be available from Drexel University.
2018-2019 Academic Year
September 24, 2018
December 8, 2018
December 10, 2018
December 15, 2018
January 7, 2019
March 16, 2019
March 18, 2019
March 23, 2019
April 1, 2019
June 8, 2019
June 10, 2019
June 15, 2019
June 24, 2019
August 31, 2019
September 3, 2019
September 7, 2019
2019-2020 Academic Year
September 23, 2019
December 7, 2019
December 9, 2020
December 14, 2019
January 6, 2020
March 16, 2020
March 17, 2020
March 21, 2020
March 30, 2020
June 8, 2020
June 9, 2020
June 13, 2020
June 22, 2020
August 30, 2020
September 2, 2020
September 5, 2020