MS in Educational Administration
Using state and national leadership standards, Drexel University’s accredited online master’s degree in Educational Administration is designed to prepare and mentor future elementary and secondary educational leaders with the practical skills and knowledge to become effective school administrators.
MS in Educational Administration
- PA Administrative Certificate, Principal K-12*
- Supervisor of Special Education Certification & Principal (K-12) Certification**
- Supervisor of Special Education Certification (without Principal Certification)**
- Non-certification track
- PA Administrative Certificate, Principal K-12 Only
*Requires a state-issued teacher certificate
**Requires a state-issued special education teacher certificate
All five accredited programs are ideal for certified teachers and counselors who aspire to lead the education field to achieve students’ 21st-century learning goals.
This performance-based PDE-approved program develops your ability to:
- Collaboratively lead schools and communities to solve complex problems through a proven framework of leadership methodology
- Educate students to promote and achieve tomorrow’s educational standards
- Mentor and coach teachers in instructional and assessment decision-making, using modern technological tools
- Reflect on and practice new action and research
- Actively Listen, Resolve Conflicts, Speak Publicly, Write Competently and Build Teams
The program has several campus events each year, including World Café sessions, leadership seminars and two orientation sessions. A webinar format is provided for distance learner participation.
The program culminates in an Action Research Project—a leadership portfolio of 14 Artifacts of Evidence directed toward applying higher standards in school activities that will help you to succeed on the PA Principal PRAXIS exam.
This program is organized into four 10-week quarters per year (as opposed to the traditional two semester system) which means you can take more courses in a shorter time period. One semester credit is equivalent to 1.5 quarter credits.
|EDAM 700||Leading in Urban, Rural and Suburban Settings||3.0|
|EDAM 701||Resource Management, Allocation and Entrepreneurship||3.0|
|EDAM 702||School Leadership & Decision Making||3.0|
|EDAM 705||School Law and Politics||3.0|
|EDAM 708||Integration of Technology with School Instruction and Management||3.0|
|EDAM 710||School Finance and Facilities||3.0|
|EDAM 712||School and Community Partnerships and Relations||3.0|
|EDAM 714||Instructional and Curriculum Leadership||3.0|
|EDAM 722||Evaluation & Assessment Competencies||3.0|
|EDAM 724||Mentoring and Collaborative Leadership||3.0|
|EDAM 726||Interpreting & Evaluating Research & Achievement Data||3.0|
|EDAM 728||Research Methodology for Action Research||3.0|
|EDAM 740||Action Research Project||3.0|
|Select a Track|
School Principal PK-12 Certification Track (Four 1.5-credit Internship Courses)
|School Principal Internship: Technology|
|School Principal Internship: Finance|
|School Principal Internship: Leadership|
|School Principal Internship: Relations|
Professional Electives (Two 3-credit courses) *
*Professional Electives are determined in consultation with your academic advisor
- A bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution
- Undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or higher (graduate degree GPAs will be considered along with the undergraduate GPA)
- For the Principal Certification option: A state-issued teaching or counseling certificate
- For the Supervisor of Special Education concentration: A state-issued special education teacher certificate
With multiple ways to submit documents, Drexel makes it easy to complete your application. Learn more by visiting our Completing Your Application Guide.
- A completed application
- Official transcripts from all universities or colleges and other post-secondary educational institutions (including trade schools) attended
- Two letters of recommendation, professional or academic
- PA Administrative Certificate, Principal K-12: One letter of recommendation must come from the principal of a school where you've worked, and discuss your presentation skills and experiences in leadership roles in a K-12 school setting as well as skills that would have a strong bearing on your success as a school leader and administrator
- An essay describing why you're interested in pursuing graduate study in this field
- Include two paragraphs briefly describing your educational philosophy
- PA Administrative Certificate, Principal K-12: Also explain how principals shape learning in K-12 schools
- Additional requirements for International Students
The tuition rate for the academic year 2017-2018 is $921 per credit. (A 25% discount off Drexel's regular tuition rate of $1228 per credit)
- This program is eligible for Financial Aid.
- Special tuition rates available for Drexel University Alumni, Military members, and members of our Partner Organizations.
- These rates apply only to new online students and students being readmitted.
- All students must contact applyDUonline@drexel.edu within the first two weeks of the term to request tuition savings for which they qualify.
- Special rates cannot be combined. If you qualify for more than one special rate, you'll be given the one with the largest savings.
- When receiving special tuition plans with Drexel University Online, you may not combine them with other tuition benefits that may be available from Drexel University.
2017-2018 Academic Year
September 25, 2017
December 9, 2017
December 11, 2017
December 16, 2017
January 8, 2018
March 17, 2018
March 19, 2018
March 24, 2018
April 2, 2018
June 9, 2018
June 11, 2018
June 15, 2018
June 25, 2018
September 1, 2018
September 4, 2018
September 8, 2018