Online Engineering Management Certificate
Drexel's accredited online Graduate Certificate in Engineering Management is a valuable professional credential for engineers and scientists who want in-depth exposure to skills and knowledge needed for management roles without having to commit to the entire program.
This program continues Drexel's tradition of leadership and excellence in educating engineers for successful careers. Its curriculum is taken from the MS in Engineering Management program, established in 1960 at the request of several Delaware Valley corporations. Graduates of the program have advanced within their present organizations, while others have accepted responsibilities with new employers or gone on to found their own businesses.
- A solid introduction to Engineering Management through courses in management, finance and economics
- Taught by Drexel's distinguished College of Engineering faculty who are also successful professionals in the field
- A highly interactive, online learning method designed to challenge and engage students, while remaining convenient for working professionals
- Courses can be applied towards earning a full MS in Engineering Management
- Can be completed entirely online in less than a year
State restrictions may apply to some programs.
This program is organized into four 10-week quarters per year (as opposed to the traditional two semester system) which means you can take more courses in a shorter time period. One semester credit is equivalent to 1.5 quarter credits.
|EGMT 501||Engineering Management||3.0|
|EGMT 504||Engineering Management Communications||3.0|
|EGMT 531||Engineering Economic Evaluation & Analysis||3.0|
|EGMT 535||Financial Management||3.0|
|Elective (Choose One)||3.0|
|Advanced Engineering Management|
|Advanced Financial Management for Engineers|
|Marketing: Identifying Customer Needs|
|Introduction to Project Management|
|Systems Engineering Management|
- A four-year bachelor's degree in engineering or sciences from an ABET accredited institution in the United States or an equivalent international institution with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above
- At least 5 years of relevant professional work experience preferred
With multiple ways to submit documents, Drexel makes it easy to complete your application. Learn more by visiting our Completing Your Application Guide.
- A completed application
- Official transcripts from all universities or colleges and other post-secondary educational institutions (including trade schools) attended
- Two letters of recommendation (at least one professional)
- A 750 word essay on one of two prompts
- A technical analysis problem
- A human resource problem
- Additional requirements for International Students
The tuition rate for the academic year 2017-2018 is $1228 per credit.
- This program is not eligible for Financial Aid.
- Special tuition rates available for Drexel University Alumni, Military members, and members of our Partner Organizations.
- These rates apply only to new online students and students being readmitted.
- All students must contact applyDUonline@drexel.edu within the first two weeks of the term to request tuition savings for which they qualify.
- Special rates cannot be combined. If you qualify for more than one special rate, you'll be given the one with the largest savings.
- When receiving special tuition plans with Drexel University Online, you may not combine them with other tuition benefits that may be available from Drexel University.
2017-2018 Academic Year
September 25, 2017
December 9, 2017
December 11, 2017
December 16, 2017
January 8, 2018
March 17, 2018
March 19, 2018
March 24, 2018
April 2, 2018
June 9, 2018
June 11, 2018
June 15, 2018
June 25, 2018
September 1, 2018
September 4, 2018
September 8, 2018
2018-2019 Academic Year
September 24, 2018
December 8, 2018
December 10, 2018
December 15, 2018
January 7, 2019
March 16, 2019
March 18, 2019
March 23, 2019
April 1, 2019
June 8, 2019
June 10, 2019
June 14, 2019
June 24, 2019
August 31, 2019
September 3, 2019
September 7, 2019