Graduate Certificate in Systems Design and Development
Drexel's online Certificate in Systems Design and Development teaches in-depth analysis associated with systems engineering and systems design. A wide range of systems engineering topics and subjects are taught to prepare students to intelligently manage and contribute to any engineering challenge. The program is taught by experienced professionals who have conducted systems engineering in the DoD and commercial industries.
The program enables engineering leaders to manage systems development throughout the life cycle from conceptual development, engineering design, and through operation and sustainment stages. Upon completion of this certificate, students will be able to conduct systems engineering analysis at all levels.
The certificate is designed for technical professionals involved in systems engineering analysis or element design engineers, including software development. Engineers in early to mid-stage careers who are functioning or wish to move into positions as Systems Engineers will also benefit. Relevant fields include defense contractors, infrastructure planning and management, medical systems, data systems, energy systems, manufacturing, and construction management.
- A flexible, completely online program that fits easily into your busy work and personal schedule
- Offered by Drexel University's distinguished College of Engineering and taught by the same experienced faculty on campus who are successful professionals in the field
- Students use the same industry-standard tools and software in class as on the job
- A highly interactive online learning method allows extensive interaction with faculty and other classmates
State restrictions may apply to some programs.
This program is organized into four 10-week quarters per year (as opposed to the traditional two semester system) which means you can take more courses in a shorter time period. One semester credit is equivalent to 1.5 quarter credits.
|EGMT 685||Systems Engineering Management||3.0|
|EGMT 688||Systems Engineering Analysis I||3.0|
|SYSE 530||Systems Engineering Design||3.0|
|SYSE 531||Systems Architecture Development||3.0|
|SYSE 532||Software Systems Engineering||3.0|
- A bachelor's degree in an engineering discipline or related science from an ABET-accredited institution with a GPA of 3.0 or higher
With multiple ways to submit documents, Drexel makes it easy to complete your application. Learn more by visiting our Completing Your Application Guide.
The tuition rate for the academic year 2017-2018 is $1228 per credit.
- This program is not eligible for Financial Aid.
- Special tuition rates available for Drexel University Alumni, Military members, and members of our Partner Organizations.
- These rates apply only to new online students and students being readmitted.
- All students must contact applyDUonline@drexel.edu within the first two weeks of the term to request tuition savings for which they qualify.
- Special rates cannot be combined. If you qualify for more than one special rate, you'll be given the one with the largest savings.
- When receiving special tuition plans with Drexel University Online, you may not combine them with other tuition benefits that may be available from Drexel University.
2017-2018 Academic Year
September 25, 2017
December 9, 2017
December 11, 2017
December 16, 2017
January 8, 2018
March 17, 2018
March 19, 2018
March 24, 2018
April 2, 2018
June 9, 2018
June 11, 2018
June 15, 2018
June 25, 2018
September 1, 2018
September 4, 2018
September 8, 2018