Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner Post-Masters Certificate
The accredited online Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner Post-Masters Certificate is intended for MSN prepared practitioners who would like to gain further knowledge in the management of medical, surgical, and critical care patient populations. The program provides the knowledge and skills needed to improve and sustain the health of acutely ill patients. Emphasis is placed upon diagnostic reasoning and clinical decision making. Acute care nurse practitioners are needed in a variety of healthcare settings, including: intensive care units, consult services, hospitalist teams, palliative care services, home care, sub acute long-term care hospitals, specialty clinics and research intense settings.
The program can generally be completed in 1.5 to 2 years of part-time study with 800 clinical hours, although you may be eligible for a reduction in course work and clinical hours. In that case, an individual program of study will be formulated by performing a formal Gap Analysis of previously completed course work. If you wish to be considered for this reduction, you're required to submit syllabi, course calendars, and transcripts of the courses under consideration. Coursework completed more than five years ago and without current clinical experience will not be accepted for the following courses: Advanced Pharmacology, Advanced Pathophysiology, and Advanced Physical Assessment. All students are required to successfully complete Adult-Gerontology Acute Care NP specific pharmacology at Drexel.
- Synchronous online lectures offer a highly interactive learning format that challenges and engages
- An experienced and board certified faculty from Drexel’s acclaimed College of Nursing and Health Professions
- Upon completion of the program, students are eligible for Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner Certification through ANCC or AACN
- The post-graduate APRN certificate at Drexel University is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
This is a high-quality program that demands a major commitment of time. Because you're being educated to diagnose and treat patients, the program was designed to combine the convenience of online learning with the necessary rigor to become a highly competent, confident Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner upon graduation. Thus, while most courses are offered online, some facets of the program do require on-campus visits and clinical practicum rotations in certain states.
During the mandatory On-Campus Intensive, you'll participate in simulated clinical learning experiences conducted in the College of Nursing and Health Professions' state-of-the-art, multidisciplinary patient simulation lab. These visits allow professors to offer direct support, guidance, and mentoring while providing you with the opportunity to interact with faculty members and collaborate with peers. Pennsylvania RN licensure will be required prior to the start of your clinical components. While this is not a requirement for admission, we recommend starting the process immediately after admission.
For questions, please contact:
*Online Nurse Practitioner programs are offered only on a part-time basis.
*State restrictions may apply to some programs.
*The Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner Post-Masters Certificate program at Drexel University is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education.
This program is organized into four 10-week quarters per year (as opposed to the traditional two semester system) which means you can take more courses in a shorter time period. One semester credit is equivalent to 1.5 quarter credits.
|NURS 548||Advanced Pathophysiology||3.0|
|NURS 549||Advanced Pharmacology||3.0|
|NURS 550||Advanced Clinical Assessment & Diagnostic Reasoning||4.0|
|NURS 554||Pharmacology for Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioners||3.0|
|NURS 570||Adult Gerontology Acute Care NP I: Introduction to Adult Gerontology Acute Care Medicine||5.0|
|NURS 571||Adult Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner II: Mgnt/Care of Patients in Acute/Crit Care Med Set||5.0|
|NURS 572||Adult Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner III: Mgnt/Care of Patients in Acute Surgical Setting||5.0|
|NURS 573||Adult Gerontology Acute Care NP IV: Management of Care of Patients in Critical Care Settings||5.0|
|NURS 580||Adult Gero Acute Care NP V: Mgmt/Care of Clients in Acute, Critical Care, Med or Surg Settings||5.0|
|NURS 664||Professional Issues for Nurse Practitioners||1.0|
- Master of Science in Nursing from program fully accredited by National League of Nursing (NLN) and/or American Association Colleges of Nursing (AACN.) The accrediting body for NLN is ACEN and the accrediting body for the American Association Colleges of Nursing is CCNE.
- GPA of at least 3.0
- Current, unrestricted United States RN license
With multiple ways to submit documents, Drexel makes it easy to complete your application. Learn more by visiting our Completing Your Application Guide.
- A completed application
- Official transcripts from all universities or colleges and other post-secondary educational institutions (including trade schools) attended
- Two professional
letters of recommendation from either previous or immediate supervisors or former nursing faculty members who can attest to your clinical knowledge, skill and potential aptitude for graduate study
- References will not be accepted from colleagues or family members
- Personal statement (800 to 1,600 words) that will give the admissions committee a better understanding of:
- Why you are choosing this particular track
- How your current work experience will enhance your experience in this program, and
- Your plans upon completing the degree
- Resume including specific details of your responsibilities and job experiences
- A copy of your United States RN license(s) (License verification from your nursing license registry website is acceptable)
- Additional requirements for International Students
The tuition rate for the academic year 2018-2019 is $968 per credit. (A 10% tuition savings off Drexel's regular tuition rate of $1075 per credit)
- This program is eligible for Financial Aid.
- Special tuition rates available for Drexel University Alumni, Military members, and members of our Partner Organizations.
- These rates apply only to new online students and students being readmitted.
- All students must contact applyDUonline@drexel.edu within the first two weeks of the term to request tuition savings for which they qualify.
- Special rates cannot be combined. If you qualify for more than one special rate, you'll be given the one with the largest savings.
- When receiving special tuition plans with Drexel University Online, you may not combine them with other tuition benefits that may be available from Drexel University.
2017-2018 Academic Year
September 25, 2017
December 9, 2017
December 11, 2017
December 16, 2017
January 8, 2018
March 17, 2018
March 19, 2018
March 24, 2018
April 2, 2018
June 9, 2018
June 11, 2018
June 15, 2018
June 25, 2018
September 1, 2018
September 4, 2018
September 8, 2018
2018-2019 Academic Year
September 24, 2018
December 8, 2018
December 10, 2018
December 15, 2018
January 7, 2019
March 16, 2019
March 18, 2019
March 23, 2019
April 1, 2019
June 8, 2019
June 10, 2019
June 14, 2019
June 24, 2019
August 31, 2019
September 3, 2019
September 7, 2019