Women's Health/Gender Related Nurse Practitioner Post-Masters Certificate
The accredited online Women's Health/Gender Related Nurse Practitioner Post-Masters Certificate program provides MSN prepared nurses and healthcare professionals with advanced female lifespan specialization. The program places an additional emphasis on reproductive and gynecologic health needs of women and their partners. Graduates are qualified to provide a myriad of gender related services, ranging from well-woman care to prenatal and postpartum care, and common and complex women's health issues. Courses focus on health promotion and disease prevention in both primary settings and women's health specialty practices.
The program prepares nurses for roles as advanced-practice clinicians, educators, researchers, and leaders in a collaborative and multi-disciplinary healthcare environment. It was designed to embrace the competencies and skill sets required for today's versatile nurse practitioner as medical knowledge expands, healthcare systems evolve and technology advances in response to health care needs and evidence-based research.
- Synchronous online lectures offer a highly-interactive learning format that challenges and engages students
- An experienced and board certified faculty from Drexel’s acclaimed College of Nursing and Health Professions
- Upon completion of the program, students are eligible for Women’s Health Nurse Practitioner Certification through the National Certification Corporation (NCC)
- The post-graduate APRN certificate at Drexel University is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
The Women's Health/Gender Related Nurse Practitioner program produces highly competent, confident, and well prepared advanced nurse practitioners. This high-quality degree demands a major commitment of time by advanced practicing nursing students and combines the convenience of rigorous synchronous online didactic classes with a clinical component to effectively teach students to diagnose and manage health promotion and health issues of women from adolescence to older adulthood.** The on-campus visits include:
- NURS 690 - WHNP I: Summer Residency (2-5 days)
- NURS 691 - WHNP II: Fall Simulation Experience (2 days)
- NURS 692 - WHNP III: Winter Simulation Experience (2 days)
- NURS 693 - WHNP IV: Spring Residency (2-5 days)
During the mandatory On-Campus Intensive, students will participate in simulated clinical learning experiences conducted in our state-of-the-art, multidisciplinary patient simulation lab. These visits allow professors to offer direct support, guidance, and mentoring while providing students with the opportunity to interact with faculty members and collaborate with their peers. Pennsylvania RN licensure will be required prior to the start of your clinical components. While this is not a requirement for admission, we recommend starting the process immediately after admission.
For questions, please contact:
*Online Nurse Practitioner programs are offered only on a part-time basis.
*State restrictions may apply to some programs.
*The Women's Health/Gender Related Nurse Practitioner Post-Masters Certificate program at Drexel University is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education.
This program is organized into four 10-week quarters per year (as opposed to the traditional two semester system) which means you can take more courses in a shorter time period. One semester credit is equivalent to 1.5 quarter credits.
|NURS 548||Advanced Pathophysiology||3.0|
|NURS 549||Advanced Pharmacology||3.0|
|NURS 550||Advanced Clinical Assessment & Diagnostic Reasoning Across the Lifespan||4.0|
|NURS 664||Professional Issues for Nurse Practitioners||1.0|
|NURS 680||Primary Care for Women’s Health||3.0|
|NURS 682||Pharmacology for the Women’s Health Nurse Practitioner||3.0|
|NURS 690||WHNP I: Mngmnt & Care of the Common Gyn and Gender Related Issues throughout the Lifespan||5.0|
|NURS 691||WHNP II: Mngmnt & Care of the Complex Gyn and Gender Related Issues of Women throughout the Lifespan||5.0|
|NURS 692||WHNP III: Management & Care of the Low Risk Obstetrical and Post Partum Needs of Women and Families||5.0|
|NURS 693||WHNP IV: Mngmnt & Care of the High Risk Obstetrical and Post Partum Needs of Women and Families||5.0|
- Master of Science in Nursing from program fully accredited by National League of Nursing (NLN) and/or American Association Colleges of Nursing (AACN.) The accrediting body for NLN is ACEN and the accrediting body for the American Association Colleges of Nursing is CCNE.
- Graduate GPA of 3.0 or above
- Current, unrestricted United States RN license
With multiple ways to submit documents, Drexel makes it easy to complete your application. Learn more by visiting our Completing Your Application Guide.
- A completed application
- Official transcripts from all universities or colleges and other post-secondary educational institutions (including trade schools) attended
- Two professional letters of recommendation from either previous or immediate supervisors or former nursing faculty members who can attest to your clinical knowledge, skill and potential aptitude for graduate study
- References will not be accepted from colleagues or family members
- Personal statement (800 to 1,600 words) that will give the admissions committee a better understanding of:
- Why you are choosing this particular track
- How your current work experience will enhance your experience in this program, and
- Your plans upon completing the degree
- Resume including specific details of your responsibilities and job experiences
- A copy of your United States RN license (License verification from your nursing license registry website is acceptable)
- Additional requirements for International Students
The tuition rate for the academic year 2018-2019 is $968 per credit. (A 10% tuition savings off Drexel's regular tuition rate of $1075 per credit)
- This program is eligible for Financial Aid.
- Special tuition rates available for Drexel University Alumni, Military members, and members of our Partner Organizations.
- These rates apply only to new online students and students being readmitted.
- Tuition rates are subject to increase with the start of each academic year in the fall term.
- All students must contact applyDUonline@drexel.edu within the first two weeks of the term to request tuition savings for which they qualify.
- Special rates cannot be combined. If you qualify for more than one special rate, you'll be given the one with the largest savings.
- When receiving special tuition plans with Drexel University Online, you may not combine them with other tuition benefits that may be available from Drexel University.
2018-2019 Academic Year
September 24, 2018
December 8, 2018
December 10, 2018
December 15, 2018
January 7, 2019
March 16, 2019
March 18, 2019
March 23, 2019
April 1, 2019
June 8, 2019
June 10, 2019
June 14, 2019
June 24, 2019
August 31, 2019
September 3, 2019
September 7, 2019
Previous Academic Calendar
2017-2018 Academic Year
September 25, 2017
December 9, 2017
December 11, 2017
December 16, 2017
January 8, 2018
March 17, 2018
March 19, 2018
March 24, 2018
April 2, 2018
June 9, 2018
June 11, 2018
June 15, 2018
June 25, 2018
September 1, 2018
September 4, 2018
September 8, 2018