Certificate in Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Health
LGBT populations hold a unique set of health needs often unaddressed in standard healthcare. Drexel’s accredited online Certificate in LGBT Health focuses on these concerns and the disparities particular to the LGBT community.
The program places a strong emphasis on understanding the complex medical and ethical considerations involved in the study of LGBT healthcare, and examines how sexual identities impact health and the subsequent treatment received. Participants will critique the research, sampling, and measurement methodologies used to investigate LGBT healthcare and its corresponding disparities.
- Fully online program is convenient for working professionals
- Offered by the Department of Community Health & Prevention at the Dornsife School of Public Health
- Led by nationally recognized Dr. Randall Sell, ScD, whose experience investigating and measuring sexual minorities’ public health outcomes provide a foundation for the curriculum
This program is organized into four 10-week quarters per year (as opposed to the traditional two semester system) which means you can take more courses in a shorter time period. One semester credit is equivalent to 1.5 quarter credits.
|CHP 681||Research with Rare, Stigmatized, and Hidden Populations||3.0|
|CHP 682||LGBT Health Disparities||3.0|
|CHP 683||Intersectional Perspectives||3.0|
- A bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution
With multiple ways to submit documents, Drexel makes it easy to complete your application. Learn more by visiting our Completing Your Application Guide.
The tuition rate for the academic year 2019-2020 is $1198 per credit.
- This program is not eligible for Financial Aid.
- Special tuition rates available for Drexel University Alumni, Military members, and members of our Partner Organizations.
- These rates apply only to new online students and students being readmitted.
- Tuition rates are subject to increase with the start of each academic year in the fall term.
- All students must contact applyDUonline@drexel.edu within the first two weeks of the term to request tuition savings for which they qualify.
- Special rates cannot be combined. If you qualify for more than one special rate, you'll be given the one with the largest savings.
- When receiving special tuition plans with Drexel University Online, you may not combine them with other tuition benefits that may be available from Drexel University.
2019-2020 Academic Year
September 23, 2019
December 7, 2019
December 9, 2019
December 14, 2019
January 6, 2020
March 16, 2020
March 17, 2020
March 21, 2020
March 30, 2020
June 8, 2020
June 9, 2020
June 13, 2020
June 22, 2020
August 30, 2020
September 2, 2020
September 5, 2020