MS in Biomedicine and Entrepreneurship
Developed to provide advanced, integrative education and training in technical and practical aspects of science, research and entrepreneurship, the Master of Science in Biomedicine and Entrepreneurship program will help to cultivate individual initiative and entrepreneurial thinking around scientific discoveries and innovation. These skills are considered essential for new venture creation in biotechnology.
During the program, you will develop:
- A broad core knowledge in biological sciences and entrepreneurial aspects of biomedical innovation
- More in-depth analytical, research, and critical thinking skills
- An advanced understanding of professional ethics
- Graduate-level communication and leadership skills
- Other "work readiness" soft skills such as teamwork, problem-solving, knowledge of career opportunities, and networking
- Non-Thesis, Fully Online
- Interdisciplinary: Taught by expert faculty from Drexel University College of Medicine's Department of Microbiology and Immunology, Institute for Molecular Medicine and Infectious Disease, and from Drexel's nationally-ranked Close School of Entrepreneurship
- Experiential Learning: Tailor the hands-on experience of the curriculum through on-campus or off-campus internships at locations near you.
- Flexible Plans of Study: Can be taken full or part-time. If you have a record of work-related experience, you may instead enroll in additional elective courses.
Learn about these other interdisciplinary and career-oriented MS programs offered by the Department of Microbiology and Immunology at Drexel University College of Medicine:
- Biomedicine and Business (Hybrid)
- Biomedicine and Digital Media (Hybrid)
- Biomedicine and Law (Online)
- Immunology (Hybrid or On-Campus)
- Infectious Disease (Hybrid or On-Campus)
- Molecular Medicine (Online, Hybrid, or On-Campus)
*The entrepreneurship courses below are shown in quarter credits. Three (3.0) credit quarter courses confer the equivalent of 2.0 semester credits. The program requires the completion of 36.0 semester credits for graduation. Semesters and quarters overlap sufficiently to allow full-time students to meet the degree requirements for this program in two years.
You may enroll full-time to complete this program in 2 years (minimum 9.0 credits/semester). If you're interested in a more accelerated pace please contact the program director/advisor.
You may also choose to work at your own pace as a part-time student. Part time students must complete the program within 4 years. A minimum of 4.5 credits/semester are required to qualify for financial aid.
|IDPT 500S||Responsible Conduct of Research||2.0|
|or MIIM 503S||Biomedical Ethics|
|IDPT 501S||Biostatistics I||2.0|
|MIIM 515S||Concepts in Biomedicine I||3.0|
|MIIM 516S||Concepts in Biomedicine II||2.0|
|MIIM 535S||Biomedical Technology Commercialization I||1.0|
|MIIM 536S||Biomedical Technology Commercialization II||1.0|
|MIIM 550S||Biomedicine Seminar||2.0|
|MIIM 605S||Experiential Learning||4.0|
|MIIM 631S||Biomedical Innovation Development and Management||4.0|
|MIIM 645S||Biomedical Career Explorations||1.0|
|ENTP 501||Entrepreneurship Essentials *||3.0|
|ENTP 585||Innovation in Established Companies *||3.0|
|ENTP 640||Methods of Entrepreneurship *||3.0|
|ENTP 690||The Lean Launch *||3.0|
|Select a minimum of 6 credits from the following:|
|MIIM 521S||Biotechniques I|
|MIIM 530S||Fundamentals of Molecular Medicine I|
|MIIM 531S||Fundamentals of Molecular Medicine II|
|MIIM 533S||Molecular Medicine Journal Club II|
|MIIM 534S||Molecular Medicine Journal Club I|
|MIIM 540S||Viruses and Viral Infections|
|MIIM 541S||Bacteria and Bacterial Infections|
|MIIM 542S||Mycology and Fungal Infections|
|MIIM 543S||Parasitology and Parasitic Diseases|
|MIIM 545S||Introduction to Infectious Diseases|
|MIIM 546S||Introduction to Immunology|
|MIIM 606S||Microbiology and Immunology Seminar|
|MIIM 613S||Emerging Infectious Diseases|
|MIIM 653S||Clinical Correlations in Infectious Disease|
|ENTP 535||Social Entrepreneurship *|
|Total Semester Credits||36.0|
- A four-year bachelor's degree
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above
- Lower GPAs will be considered if other strengths are apparent in your application
With multiple ways to submit documents, Drexel makes it easy to complete your application. Learn more by visiting our Completing Your Application Guide.
- A completed application
- Official transcripts from all universities or colleges and other post-secondary educational institutions (including trade schools) attended
letters of recommendation
- Personal statement (approximately 500 words) that addresses your:
- Reasons for pursuing a degree from Drexel,
- Short and long-term career plans, and
- Vision of how your background, experience, interests, and/or values, when combined with a Drexel degree, will enable you to pursue these goals successfully
- Resume or Curriculum Vitae
- Additional requirements for International Students
Additional Recommended Documents
- Standardized test scores are not required, but highly recommended in order to make your application more competitive
- Score reports accepted: GRE, GMAT, LSAT, MCAT
- Drexel's school code is 2194
The tuition rate for the academic year 2017-2018 is $1495 per credit.
- This program is eligible for Financial Aid.
- Special tuition rates available for Drexel University Alumni, Military members, and members of our Partner Organizations.
- These rates apply only to new online students and students being readmitted.
- All students must contact applyDUonline@drexel.edu within the first two weeks of the term to request tuition savings for which they qualify.
- Special rates cannot be combined. If you qualify for more than one special rate, you'll be given the one with the largest savings.
- When receiving special tuition plans with Drexel University Online, you may not combine them with other tuition benefits that may be available from Drexel University.
This program includes both Semester and Quarter classes. Learn more about how these terms overlap throughout the year.
August 7, 2017
December 8, 2017
January 8, 2018
May 4, 2018
May 14, 2018
July 27, 2018
September 25, 2017
December 9, 2017
December 11, 2017
December 16, 2017
January 8, 2018
March 17, 2018
March 19, 2018
March 24, 2018
April 2, 2018
June 9, 2018
June 11, 2018
June 15, 2018
June 25, 2018
September 1, 2018
September 4, 2018
September 8, 2018