Online Masters (MS) in Clinical Research Organization and Management
The 36 semester credit (12 course) online Master’s in Clinical Research Organization and Management is a non-thesis, accredited, graduate degree program offered by Drexel’s nationally-ranked College of Medicine. It's tailored for experienced research professionals seeking credentials and clinical management skills.
The biomedical, pharmaceutical, defense, medical device, and diagnostic industries need highly-trained professionals capable of administering a broad range of research projects. Drexel’s MS in Clinical Research Organization and Management provides you with an advanced skill set to manage the conduct of clinical investigations, while introducing participants to relevant business, legal and ethical issues.
You'll work with your advisor to customize a course plan to meet your career goals. Graduates of the program receive the very same accredited Drexel diploma as on-campus students.
Key Program Features
- Courses are led by distinguished researchers, administrators, lawyers and scientists with extensive experience in clinical research
- Well-rounded, accredited curriculum combines five tracks of study:
- New Product Research
- Regulatory Compliance and Law
- Biostatistics and Data Management
- Clinical Research Management Safety and Surveillance
- Business and Strategic Planning of New Product Development
- Flexible course plans catered to students’ career goals
- Management training covers fundamental organizational and administrative skills for high-level professionals
- No thesis or residency requirement
- Interactive online platform challenges and engages students in a simple, easy-to-use format that caters to active clinical researchers
For questions, please contact
Dr. Richard Mangano
Associate Professor and Director of Clinical Research Organization and Management
The Master of Science in Clinical Research Organization and Management program consists of 12 courses (36 credits.) Any courses offered by the Clinical Research Organization Management program may be applied to fulfill the requirements of this major. No master's thesis is required.
The program is organized into five areas of study devoted to clinical research and related administrative and regulatory issues. You may take courses within your preferred area of study, a cross-section of courses within other areas of study, or any other Clinical Research (CR) courses being offered.
|New Product Research and Development|
|CR 513S||Pharmaceutical R&D: Business Process and Information Flow||3.0|
|CR 514S||World Wide Regulatory Submissions||3.0|
|CR 515S||Intro to Clinical Trials||3.0|
|CR 609S||Innovative Product Development||3.0|
|Regulatory Compliance, Ethics and Law|
|CR 505S||Ethical Issues in Research||3.0|
|CR 511S||The History of Misconduct in Biomedical Research||3.0|
|CR 535S||Current Federal Regulatory Issues in Biomedical Research||3.0|
|CR 555S||Compliance & Monitoring Issues||3.0|
|CR 565S||Contemporary Issues in Human Research Protection||3.0|
|CR 633S||Quaility Assurance Audits||3.0|
|CR 612S||Fundamentals of Compliance||3.0|
|CR 545S||Pharmaceutical Law||3.0|
|Biostatistics and Data Management|
|CR 520S||Applications of Clinical Research Biostatistics||3.0|
|CR 600S||Designing the Clinical Trial||3.0|
|Clinical Research Management and Safety Surveillance|
|CR 512S||Fundamentals of Academic Research Administration||3.0|
|CR 525S||Scientific Writing and Medical Literature||3.0|
|CR 625S||Health Policy and Economics||3.0|
|New Therapeutic Product Business and Strategic Planning|
|CR 530S||Tech Transfer||3.0|
|CR 635S||Strategic Planning||3.0|
|CR 550S||Leadership Skills||3.0|
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution in the United States or an equivalent international institution
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0 (graduate degree GPAs will be considered along with the undergraduate GPA)
- At least two years of relevant professional experience
With multiple ways to submit documents, Drexel makes it easy to complete your application. Learn more by visiting our Completing Your Application Guide.
- A completed application
- Official transcripts from all universities or colleges and other post-secondary educational institutions (including trade schools) attended
- Two professional
letters of recommendation
- One from your immediate supervisor and one from another qualified individual (not a peer) who can comment on your ability to succeed in the program
- Essay on past successes, goals and objectives for seeking the degree
- Additional requirements for International Students
A telephone interview may be required as part of the admission process
The tuition rate for the academic year 2018-2019 is $1131 per credit.
- This program is eligible for Financial Aid.
- Special tuition rates available for Drexel University Alumni, Military members, and members of our Partner Organizations
- These rates apply only to new online students and students being readmitted.
- Tuition rates are subject to increase with the start of each academic year in the fall term.
- All students must contact applyDUonline@drexel.edu within the first two weeks of the term to request tuition savings for which they qualify.
- Special rates cannot be combined. If you qualify for more than one special rate, you'll be given the one with the largest savings.
- When receiving special tuition plans with Drexel University Online, you may not combine them with other tuition benefits that may be available from Drexel University.
2018-2019 Academic Year
August 20, 2018
December 14, 2018
January 7, 2019
May 3, 2019
May 13, 2019
July 26, 2019