Graduate Certificate in Multisensory Reading Instruction Level I (Wilson® Language Certification)
An exciting opportunity for teachers to complete the coursework and training hours for the WILSON® Level I Certification
The Graduate Certificate in Multisensory Reading Instruction Level I provides the courses required for the WILSON® Level I Certification, and also offers the opportunity to work with a certified WILSON® trainer to complete your observation hours.
At Drexel, we are committed to preparing teachers to meet the diverse and changing needs of students today. The Graduate Certificate in Multisensory Reading Instruction Level I prepares teachers and tutors to work with students who are reading and spelling below grade level or have been diagnosed with language based learning disabilities. Students will learn an in-depth knowledge of the sound-symbol relationship of the English language, the structure of the English language, and how to use diagnostic techniques to help students who struggle with decoding and spelling.
- Ability to receive WILSON® Reading Certification Level I upon completion of the certificate program
- Access to three WILSON® certified trainers from the School of Education faculty
- A flexible and efficient path to a highly sought-after credential
- Credits transfer into Drexel's MS in Special Education program
State restrictions may apply to some programs.
This program is organized into four 10-week quarters per year (as opposed to the traditional two semester system) which means you can take more courses in a shorter time period. One semester credit is equivalent to 1.5 quarter credits.
|EDLS 620||Applied Methods in Multisensory Reading Instruction||1.0|
|EDLS 621||Early Literacy Skills||2.0|
|EDLS 622||Basic Word Study I||3.0|
|EDLS 623||Basic Word Study II||3.0|
|EDLS 624||Multisensory Practicum I||1.0|
|EDLS 625||Multisensory Practicum II||1.0|
|EDLS 626||Multisensory Practicum III||1.0|
- A bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution
- Undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or higher (graduate degree GPA will be considered along with undergraduate GPA)
- If you do not meet this requirement, you’re still encouraged to apply and your file will be reviewed on an individual basis by the Program Director
With multiple ways to submit documents, Drexel makes it easy to complete your application. Learn more by visiting our Completing Your Application Guide.
- A completed application
- Official transcripts from all universities or colleges and other post-secondary educational institutions (including trade schools) attended
- Two letters of recommendation
- An essay describing why you're interested in pursuing the Multisensory Reading Instruction program. Please indicate if you hold any state teacher certifications (e.g. Secondary Mathematics; PreK-4; Elementary K-6, etc.)
- Additional requirements for International Students
The tuition rate for the academic year 2018-2019 is $949 per credit. (A 25% tuition savings off Drexel's regular tuition rate of $1265 per credit)
- This program is eligible for Financial Aid.
- Special tuition rates available for Drexel University Alumni, Military members, and members of our Partner Organizations
- These rates apply only to new online students and students being readmitted.
- Tuition rates are subject to increase with the start of each academic year in the fall term.
- All students must contact applyDUonline@drexel.edu within the first two weeks of the term to request tuition savings for which they qualify.
- Special rates cannot be combined. If you qualify for more than one special rate, you'll be given the one with the largest savings.
- When receiving special tuition plans with Drexel University Online, you may not combine them with other tuition benefits that may be available from Drexel University.
2018-2019 Academic Year
September 24, 2018
December 8, 2018
December 10, 2018
December 15, 2018
January 7, 2019
March 16, 2019
March 18, 2019
March 23, 2019
April 1, 2019
June 8, 2019
June 10, 2019
June 14, 2019
June 24, 2019
August 31, 2019
September 3, 2019
September 7, 2019
Previous Academic Calendar
2017-2018 Academic Year
September 25, 2017
December 9, 2017
December 11, 2017
December 16, 2017
January 8, 2018
March 17, 2018
March 19, 2018
March 24, 2018
April 2, 2018
June 9, 2018
June 11, 2018
June 15, 2018
June 25, 2018
September 1, 2018
September 4, 2018
September 8, 2018