Graduate Certificate in Advanced Teaching and Curriculum
The accredited online Advanced Teaching and Curriculum Certificate program meets the needs of in-service teachers in a variety of educational settings who seek advanced knowledge beyond that required for initial teacher certification in the areas of effective instruction, curriculum, and assessment.
The program also provides opportunities to explore a variety of other roles in an educational setting including instructional leaders beyond the classroom, researchers in local, state, national, or international organizations, and professionals in foundations, associations, corporations, and private education institutions.
- Understanding of varying educational organizations and sectors
- Expertise in developing, analyzing, implementing and evaluating instructional strategies
- Leadership abilities
- Organizational, cross cultural, interpersonal, advocacy, and communication skills
State restrictions may apply to some programs.
This program is organized into four 10-week quarters per year (as opposed to the traditional two semester system) which means you can take more courses in a shorter time period. One semester credit is equivalent to 1.5 quarter credits.
|EDUC 530||Advanced Techniques in Instruction & Assessment||3.0|
|EDUC 533||Designing Virtual Communities||3.0|
|EDUC 537||Learning Disabilities II||3.0|
|EDUC 608||The Intercultural Learner||3.0|
|EDUC 714||Instructional and Curriculum Leadership||3.0|
|EDUC 813||Educational Issues Seminar||3.0|
- A bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution with a GPA of 3.0 or higher (graduate degree GPA will be considered along with the undergraduate GPA)
- You must meet the PA State content course requirements for your specific area of certification. Content course reviews are conducted at time of application. Coursework missing from your undergraduate background or below the minimum 3.0 GPA cumulative average may be taken concurrently with the graduate program.
With multiple ways to submit documents, Drexel makes it easy to complete your application. Learn more by visiting our Completing Your Application Guide.
- A completed application
- Official transcripts from all universities or colleges and other post-secondary educational institutions (including trade schools) attended
- Two letters of recommendation (professional or academic)
- A 1000-1500 word essay describing why you're interested in pursuing the program and stating your intended area of certification (e.g. Elementary, Secondary English)
- Additional requirements for International Students
The tuition rate for the academic year 2017-2018 is $921 per credit. (A 25% discount off Drexel's regular tuition rate of $1228 per credit)
- This program is not eligible for Financial Aid.
- Special tuition rates available for Drexel University Alumni, Military members, and members of our Partner Organizations.
- These rates apply only to new online students and students being readmitted.
- All students must contact applyDUonline@drexel.edu within the first two weeks of the term to request tuition savings for which they qualify.
- Special rates cannot be combined. If you qualify for more than one special rate, you'll be given the one with the largest savings.
- When receiving special tuition plans with Drexel University Online, you may not combine them with other tuition benefits that may be available from Drexel University.
2017-2018 Academic Year
September 25, 2017
December 9, 2017
December 11, 2017
December 16, 2017
January 8, 2018
March 17, 2018
March 19, 2018
March 24, 2018
April 2, 2018
June 9, 2018
June 11, 2018
June 15, 2018
June 25, 2018
September 1, 2018
September 4, 2018
September 8, 2018