Graduate Certificate in Health Care Compliance
The accredited online Graduate Certificate in Health Care Compliance offered by Drexel’s Thomas R. Kline School of Law provides professionals working for organizations, institutions and individuals who deliver health care services with the tools to ensure that state and federal regulatory requirements are being met. Courses cover health care regulations, policies, malpractice and insurance tort reform, and other critical issues.
The certificate is a post-baccalaureate non-degree program designed to develop and improve career related skills in the focused area of health care compliance. Ideal candidates include those working in the health care field who would benefit from focused legal knowledge regarding compliance, as well as those seeking career changes.
Drexel also offers a Master of Legal Studies with a concentration in Health Care Compliance.
- Courses taught by the Kline School of Law faculty
- Curriculum includes general law courses, focused training in ethics and compliance, and in-depth study of crucial issues in health care regulation
- Special tuition plans for employees and members of partner organizations
- Utilize the Kline Graduate Programs Virtual Career Office which is dedicated to helping you reach your career goals via access to job postings, a virtual career classroom, and one-on-one coaching with faculty and alumni
The Thomas R. Kline School of Law Master of Legal Studies – Health Care Compliance Specialization and Graduate Certificate in Health Care Compliance programs are accredited by the Compliance Certification Board (CCB)®. Many employers are now requiring CCB certification for compliance related positions. The CCB offers certification in the following areas:
- Certified in Healthcare Compliance (CHC)®
- Certified in Healthcare Research Compliance (CHRC)®
- Certified in Healthcare Privacy Compliance (CHPC)®
- Certified Compliance and Ethics Professional (CCEP)®
- Certified Compliance and Ethics Professional International (CCEP-I)®
CCB Exam Eligibility: Completion of the Kline School of Law's Master of Legal Studies or Graduate Certificate in Health Care Compliance programs with a GPA of 3.0 or higher fulfills the professional work experience and continuing education units (CEU) requirements within applicable eligibility time frames per candidate handbook, allowing you to be eligible to sit for a CCB exam. Learn more about the CCB.
State restrictions may apply to some programs.
|LSTU 501S||Compliance Skills: Auditing, Investigation & Reporting||3.0|
|LSTU 504S||Health Care Rules and Regulations||3.0|
|LSTU 505S||Health Care Quality, Patient Safety and Risk Management||3.0|
|LSTU 506S||Patients and Privacy: HIPAA and Related Regulations||3.0|
|LSTU 507S||Risk Assessment and Management||3.0|
- A bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution
With multiple ways to submit documents, Drexel makes it easy to complete your application. Learn more by visiting our Completing Your Application Guide.
- A completed application
- Official transcripts from all universities or colleges and other post-secondary educational institutions (including trade schools) attended
- Additional requirements for International Students.
The priority deadline for Summer 2020 is April 20, 2020. We will accept applications until May 1st if space is available; however, all supporting documents must be received along with the application. Orientation may be truncated and course selection may be restricted if classes have reached enrollment limits. For term dates, please view the Kline School of Law academic calendar.
The tuition rate for the academic year 2019-2020 is $1234 per credit.
- This program is not eligible for Financial Aid.
- Special tuition rates available for Drexel University Alumni, Military members, and members of our Partner Organizations.
- These rates apply only to new online students and students being readmitted.
- These rates apply only to fully online courses. Hybrid or on-campus courses may have different rates.
- Tuition rates are subject to increase with the start of each academic year in the fall term.
- All students must contact applyDUonline@drexel.edu within the first two weeks of the term to request tuition savings for which they qualify.
- Special rates cannot be combined. If you qualify for more than one special rate, you'll be given the one with the largest savings.
- When receiving special tuition plans with Drexel University Online, you may not combine them with other tuition benefits that may be available from Drexel University.
2019-2020 Academic Year
August 19, 2019
December 13, 2019
January 6, 2020
May 6, 2020
May 26, 2020
August 4, 2020