Graduate Certificate in Health Care Compliance
The accredited online Graduate Certificate in Health Care Compliance offered by Drexel’s Thomas R. Kline School of Law provides professionals working for organizations, institutions and individuals who deliver health care services with the tools to ensure that state and federal regulatory requirements are being met. Courses cover health care regulations, policies, malpractice and insurance tort reform, and other critical issues.
The certificate is a post-baccalaureate non-degree program designed to develop and improve career related skills in the focused area of health care compliance. Ideal candidates include those working in the health care field who would benefit from focused legal knowledge regarding compliance, as well as those seeking career changes.
Drexel also offers a Master of Legal Studies with a concentration in Health Care Compliance.
- Courses taught by the Kline School of Law faculty
- Curriculum includes general law courses, focused training in ethics and compliance, and in-depth study of crucial issues in health care regulation
- Special tuition plans for employees and members of partner organizations
Online Open House
Join us on Tuesday, March 6th from 7 - 8 p.m. EST to learn more about our Legal Studies programs and have your questions answered by a Drexel representative. Register Today!
The Thomas R. Kline School of Law Master of Legal Studies – Health Care Compliance Specialization and Graduate Certificate in Health Care Compliance programs are accredited by the Compliance Certification Board (CCB)®. Many employers are now requiring CCB certification for compliance related positions. The CCB offers certification in the following areas:
- Certified in Healthcare Compliance (CHC)®
- Certified in Healthcare Research Compliance (CHRC)®
- Certified in Healthcare Privacy Compliance (CHPC)®
- Certified Compliance and Ethics Professional (CCEP)®
- Certified Compliance and Ethics Professional International (CCEP-I)®
CCB Exam Eligibility: Completion of Drexel’s Master of Legal Studies or Graduate Certificate in Health Care Compliance programs with a GPA of 3.0 or higher fulfills the professional work experience and continuing education units (CEU) requirements within applicable eligibility time frames per candidate handbook, allowing you to be eligible to sit for a CCB exam. Learn more about the CCB.
State restrictions may apply to some programs.
|LSTU 501S||Compliance Skills: Auditing, Investigation & Reporting||3.0|
|LSTU 504S||Health Care Rules and Regulations||3.0|
|LSTU 505S||Health Care Quality, Patient Safety and Risk Management||3.0|
|LSTU 506S||Patients and Privacy: HIPAA and Related Regulations||3.0|
|LSTU 507S||Risk Assessment and Management||3.0|
- A bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution
With multiple ways to submit documents, Drexel makes it easy to complete your application. Learn more by visiting our Completing Your Application Guide.
The tuition rate for the academic year 2017-2018 is $1200 per credit.
- This program is not eligible for Financial Aid.
- Special tuition rates available for Drexel University Alumni, Military members, and members of our Partner Organizations.
- These rates apply only to new online students and students being readmitted.
- All students must contact applyDUonline@drexel.edu within the first two weeks of the term to request tuition savings for which they qualify.
- Special rates cannot be combined. If you qualify for more than one special rate, you'll be given the one with the largest savings.
- When receiving special tuition plans with Drexel University Online, you may not combine them with other tuition benefits that may be available from Drexel University.
2017-2018 Academic Year
August 21, 2017
December 14, 2017
January 8, 2018
May 4, 2018
May 21, 2018
August 3, 2018