Pediatric Primary Care Nurse Practitioner Post-Master's Certificate
The accredited online Pediatric Primary Care Nurse Practitioner Post-Master's Certificate program emphasizes evidence-based practice, interdisciplinary collaboration and the critical use of new technology. Nurse practitioners specializing in pediatric primary care will be able to meet the demanding physiological and social needs of patients from infancy through adolescence.
- Synchronous online lectures offer a highly interactive learning format that challenges and engages students
- An experienced and board certified faculty from Drexel’s acclaimed College of Nursing and Health Professions
- Upon completion of the program, students are eligible for Pediatric Primary Care Nurse Practitioner Certification through ANCC or PNCB
- The post-graduate APRN certificate at Drexel University is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
This is a high-quality program that demands a major commitment of time by advanced practice nursing students. Because students are being educated to diagnose and treat patients, the program was designed to combine the convenience of online learning with the necessary rigor to become a highly competent, confident Pediatric Primary Care Nurse Practitioner upon graduation. Thus, while most courses are offered online, some facets of the program do require on-campus visits and clinical practicum rotations.** The on-campus visits include:
- NURS 642 – PNP I Summer Residency (3 days)
- NURS 643 – PNP II Fall Simulation Experience (2 days)
- NURS 647 – PNP III Winter Simulation Experience (2 days)
- NURS 648 – PNP IV Spring Residency (3 days)
During the mandatory On-Campus Intensive, students will participate in simulated clinical learning experiences conducted in our state-of-the-art, multidisciplinary patient simulation lab. These visits allow professors to offer direct support, guidance, and mentoring while providing students with the opportunity to interact with faculty members and collaborate with their peers. Pennsylvania RN licensure will be required prior to the start of your clinical components. While this is not a requirement for admission, we recommend starting the process immediately after admission.
For questions, please contact:
*Online Nurse Practitioner programs are offered only on a part-time basis.
*State restrictions may apply to some programs.
*The Pediatric Primary Care Nurse Practitioner Post-Master's Certificate program at Drexel University is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education.
This program is organized into four 10-week quarters per year (as opposed to the traditional two semester system) which means you can take more courses in a shorter time period. One semester credit is equivalent to 1.5 quarter credits.
|NURS 548||Advanced Pathophysiology||3.0|
|NURS 549||Advanced Pharmacology||3.0|
|NURS 550||Advanced Clinical Assessment & Diagnostic Reasoning||4.0|
|NURS 646||Pharmacology for the Pediatric Nurse Practitioner||3.0|
|NURS 642||PNP I: Primary Care of Infants, Children and Adolescents||5.0|
|NURS 643||PNP II: Episodic Care of Infants, Children and Adolescents in Primary Care||5.0|
|NURS 647||PNP III: Management and Care of Adolescents in the Primary Care Setting||5.0|
|NURS 648||PNP IV: Primary Care of Children with Special Health Care Needs||5.0|
|NURS 664||Professional Issues for Nurse Practitioners||1.0|
- Master of Science in Nursing from program fully accredited by National League of Nursing (NLN) and/or American Association Colleges of Nursing (AACN.) The accrediting body for NLN is ACEN and the accrediting body for the American Association Colleges of Nursing is CCNE.
- Graduate GPA of 3.0 or above
- While experience in pediatrics is not required for admission to the program, one year of experience is required before you can begin the clinical portion
- Current, unrestricted United States RN license
With multiple ways to submit documents, Drexel makes it easy to complete your application. Learn more by visiting our Completing Your Application Guide.
- A completed application
- Official transcripts from all universities or colleges and other post-secondary educational institutions (including trade schools) attended
- Two professional letters of recommendation from either previous or immediate supervisors or former nursing faculty members who can attest to your clinical knowledge, skill and potential aptitude for graduate study
- References will not be accepted from colleagues or family members
- Personal statement (800 to 1,600 words) that will give the admissions committee a better understanding of:
- Why you are choosing this particular track
- How your current work experience will enhance your experience in this program, and
- Your plans upon completing the degree
- Resume including specific details of your responsibilities and job experiences
- A copy of your United States RN license (License verification from your nursing license registry website is acceptable)
- Additional requirements for International Students
The tuition rate for the academic year 2018-2019 is $968 per credit. (A 10% tuition savings off Drexel's regular tuition rate of $1075 per credit)
- This program is eligible for Financial Aid.
- Special tuition rates available for Drexel University Alumni, Military members, and members of our Partner Organizations.
- These rates apply only to new online students and students being readmitted.
- Tuition rates are subject to increase with the start of each academic year in the fall term.
- All students must contact applyDUonline@drexel.edu within the first two weeks of the term to request tuition savings for which they qualify.
- Special rates cannot be combined. If you qualify for more than one special rate, you'll be given the one with the largest savings.
- When receiving special tuition plans with Drexel University Online, you may not combine them with other tuition benefits that may be available from Drexel University.
2018-2019 Academic Year
September 24, 2018
December 8, 2018
December 10, 2018
December 15, 2018
January 7, 2019
March 16, 2019
March 18, 2019
March 23, 2019
April 1, 2019
June 8, 2019
June 10, 2019
June 14, 2019
June 24, 2019
August 31, 2019
September 3, 2019
September 7, 2019