Undergraduate Non-Matriculated Option
As a non-matriculated student, you can take courses at Drexel without being enrolled in a degree-granting program. All non-matriculated students are considered part-time, and can schedule a maximum of 11.5 credits per quarter.
You may choose this option if you:
- Have no prior college experience, and graduated from high school less than two years ago.
- Do not meet the admissions criteria required to matriculate into a full degree program.
- Are currently enrolled at another college and wish to complete courses at Drexel to transfer back to your home school.
- Already have a bachelor's degree, but wish to enroll in an undergraduate prerequisite course for graduate study at Drexel. To ensure credits are transferable, you must check with your intended graduate program department.
Some courses may be restricted to students in a given program and therefore unavailable to non-matriculated students. However, undergraduate non-matriculated students are eligible to take many of the same courses that matriculated students take.
The following colleges offer undergraduate non-matriculated courses:
- College of Arts & Sciences
- College of Nursing and Health Professions (Health Services Administration and Behavioral Health courses only)
- Goodwin College of Professional Studies
- LeBow College of Business
- School of Education
Evaluations are done on a course-by-course basis, and can vary from program to program. As a non-matriculated student you may receive an “unofficial” transfer credit evaluation, but any eligible credits won’t actually transfer until you matriculate into a degree program.
To be evaluated for full matriculation into an undergraduate program, you’ll need to meet the admissions criteria of your program of choice. Please check with your advisor, as programs have different requirements.
Federal and State Financial Aid is not available to non-matriculated students.
State restrictions may apply to some programs. Learn more.
The tuition rate for the academic year 2019-2020 is $513 per credit. (A 40% tuition savings off Drexel's regular tuition rate of $855 per credit)
- This program is not eligible for Financial Aid.
- Special tuition rates available for Drexel University Alumni, Military members, and members of our Partner Organizations.
- These rates apply only to new online students and students being readmitted.
- Tuition rates are subject to increase with the start of each academic year in the fall term.
- All students must contact applyDUonline@drexel.edu within the first two weeks of the term to request tuition savings for which they qualify.
- Special rates cannot be combined. If you qualify for more than one special rate, you'll be given the one with the largest savings.
- When receiving special tuition plans with Drexel University Online, you may not combine them with other tuition benefits that may be available from Drexel University.
2018-2019 Academic Year
September 24, 2018
December 8, 2018
December 10, 2018
December 15, 2018
January 7, 2019
March 16, 2019
March 18, 2019
March 23, 2019
April 1, 2019
June 8, 2019
June 10, 2019
June 15, 2019
June 24, 2019
August 31, 2019
September 3, 2019
September 7, 2019
2019-2020 Academic Year
September 23, 2019
December 7, 2019
December 9, 2020
December 14, 2019
January 6, 2020
March 16, 2020
March 17, 2020
March 21, 2020
March 30, 2020
June 8, 2020
June 9, 2020
June 13, 2020
June 22, 2020
August 30, 2020
September 2, 2020
September 5, 2020