MS in Medical and Healthcare Simulation
The online Master of Science in Medical and Healthcare Simulation program is the first of its kind to offer advanced training in simulation teaching, curriculum design, and the fundamentals of simulation research in an interprofessional setting. This program prepares you to further your career in healthcare simulation via quality, effective, simulation-based medical education, research, management, leadership and teamwork skills.
During the program you'll learn to:
- Communicate more effectively as part of a team, particularly in a crisis
- Empower others to transfer what they've learned through training scenarios to the workplace to improve services and increase patient safety
- Evaluate the effectiveness of your teaching in simulation
- Use simulation as a training and educational tool for others
- Innovative instructional approach consisting of a blended curriculum of online coursework combined with three on-campus week-long immersive simulation practicums
- Provides a core, detailed focus on the many facets of simulation based medical education while simultaneously providing multiple options to pursue related areas of interest upon graduation
- Opportunity to network and collaborate with professionals from a variety of roles, including physicians, nurses, and health sciences professionals.
Learn From the Best
Drexel University’s College of Medicine faculty members are respected authors, caring health care practitioners, and experts in their fields. Learn more about our distinguished faculty and their recent accomplishments.
For Questions, Please Contact:
|MSMS 501S||Simulation Curriculum and Design I||3.0|
|MSMS 503S||Biostatistics in Healthcare Literature||3.0|
|MSMS 504S||Principles of Assessment: Measurement Theory, Assessment Principles & Tools||3.0|
|MSMS 506S||Debriefing in Simulation||3.0|
|MSMS 701S||Simulation Laboratory Practicum I||4.0|
|MSMS 702S||Simulation Laboratory Practicum II||4.0|
|MSMS 703S||Simulation Laboratory Practicum III||4.0|
|MSMS 802S||Capstone Project Implementation||2.0|
|Select a minimum of 12 credits from the following:||12.0|
|CR 510S||Sponsored Projects Finance|
|CR 525S||Scientific Wriring and Medical Literature|
|CR 550S||Leadership Skills|
|CR 635S||Strategic Planning|
|MSMS 505S||Standardized Patient Course|
|MSMS 507S||High Fidelity, Low Fidelity and Task Trainers|
|MSMS 508S||Interprofessional Education|
|MSMS 509S||Fundamentals of Simulation Program Administration|
|MSMS 511S||Patient Safety and Simulation|
|MSMS 600S||Adult Learning in Healthcare|
|MSMS I899S||MSMS Independent Study|
- Four-year bachelor's degree with a preferred minimum GPA of 3.0
- Two years of healthcare experience in a healthcare-related role, such as physician, nurse, paramedic, pharmacist, simulation educator, etc.
- Successful completion of a background check and professional license verification
With multiple ways to submit documents, Drexel makes it easy to complete your application. Learn more by visiting our Completing Your Application Guide.
- A completed application
- Official transcripts from all universities or colleges and other post-secondary educational institutions (including trade schools) attended
- Three letters of recommendation from colleagues who can attest to your experience in simulation or potential for success in the program
- Official release of any standardized tests, such as GRE or MCAT (if taken)
- If you have not taken any standardized tests, you are not required to do so. However, if any tests have been taken you are required to submit an official release.
- Essay of 500-1000 words explaining your participation and exposure relating to simulation, as well as your research goals
- Additional requirements for International Students
The tuition rate for the academic year 2018-2019 is $1131 per credit.
- This program is eligible for Financial Aid.
- Special tuition rates available for Drexel University Alumni, Military members, and members of our Partner Organizations.
- These rates apply only to new online students and students being readmitted.
- All students must contact applyDUonline@drexel.edu within the first two weeks of the term to request tuition savings for which they qualify.
- Special rates cannot be combined. If you qualify for more than one special rate, you'll be given the one with the largest savings.
- When receiving special tuition plans with Drexel University Online, you may not combine them with other tuition benefits that may be available from Drexel University.
2017-2018 Academic Year
August 7, 2017
December 8, 2017
January 8, 2018
May 4, 2018
May 14, 2018
July 27, 2018
2018-2019 Academic Year
August 20, 2018
December 14, 2018
January 7, 2019
May 3, 2019
May 13, 2019
July 26, 2019