Medical and Healthcare Simulation Certificate
The online Post-Baccalaureate Certificate in Medical and Healthcare Simulation provides effective training in simulation teaching, curriculum design, and the fundamentals of simulation research in an inter-professional setting. The program prepares you to further your career in healthcare simulation via quality, effective, simulation-based medical education, research, management, leadership and teamwork skills.
During the program you'll learn to:
- Communicate more effectively as part of a team, particularly in a crisis
- Empower others to transfer what they've learned through training scenarios to the workplace, improving services and increasing patient safety
- Evaluate the effectiveness of your teaching in simulation
- Use simulation as a training and educational tool for others
- Average completion time – 1.5 years
- Credits may be transferred into the MS in Medical and Healthcare Simulation program
- Innovative instructional approach with a blended curriculum of online coursework combined with three on-campus week-long immersive simulation practicums
- A core, detailed focus on the many facets of simulation-based medical education prepares you for multiple areas of interest upon graduation
- Opportunity to network and collaborate with professionals from a variety of roles, including physicians, nurses, and health sciences professionals
State restrictions may apply to some programs. Learn more.
|MSMS 501S||Simulation Curriculum and Design I||3.0|
|MSMS 506S||Debriefing in Simulation||3.0|
|MSMS 701S||Simulation Laboratory Practicum||4.0|
|Select a minimum of 9.0 credits from the following:|
|MSMS 503S||Biostatistics in Healthcare Literature||3.0|
|MSMS 504S||Principles of Assessment: Measurement Theory, Assessment Principles & Tools||3.0|
|MSMS 505S||Standardized Patient Course||3.0|
|MSMS 507S||High Fidelity, Low Fidelity and Task Trainers||3.0|
|MSMS 508S||Interprofessional Education||3.0|
|MSMS 511S||Patient Safety and Simulation||3.0|
|MSMS 600S||Adult Learning in Healthcare||3.0|
|MSMS 802S||Capstone Project Implementation||2.0|
|MSMS 899S||MSMS Independent Study||1.0-3.0|
- Four-year bachelor's degree, nursing degree program or equivalent with a preferred minimum GPA of 3.0
- Experience in health care and a demonstrated commitment to the field
- Successful completion of a background check and professional license verification
With multiple ways to submit documents, Drexel makes it easy to complete your application. Learn more by visiting our supporting document submission guide.
- A completed application
- Official transcripts from all universities or colleges and other post-secondary educational institutions (including trade schools) attended
- Official release of any standardized tests, such as GRE or MCAT (if taken)
- If you have not taken any standardized tests, you are not required to do so. However, if any tests have been taken you are required to submit an official release.
- Essay of 500-1000 words explaining your participation and exposure relating to simulation, as well as your research goals
- Additional requirements for International Students
The tuition rate for the academic year 2018-2019 is $1131 per credit.
- This program is not eligible for Financial Aid.
- Special tuition rates available for Drexel University Alumni, Military members, and members of our Partner Organizations.
- These rates apply only to new online students and students being readmitted.
- Tuition rates are subject to increase with the start of each academic year in the fall term.
- All students must contact applyDUonline@drexel.edu within the first two weeks of the term to request tuition savings for which they qualify.
- Special rates cannot be combined. If you qualify for more than one special rate, you'll be given the one with the largest savings.
- When receiving special tuition plans with Drexel University Online, you may not combine them with other tuition benefits that may be available from Drexel University.
2018-2019 Academic Year
August 20, 2018
December 14, 2018
January 7, 2019
May 3, 2019
May 13, 2019
July 26, 2019