Bachelor of Science in Business Administration (BSBA) Degree in Marketing
Bachelor of Science in Business Administration with a Major in Marketing
Although the field of marketing covers a lot of ground in today’s world of business, it also offers plenty of specialized career options, from product and brand management, to market research and customer analytics. That’s why Drexel University’s BSBA degree online in marketing is designed to help you find your professional path. In fact, you will benefit from coursework in a wide range of functional areas, including advertising, research, branding and communications, society and culture, finance, business consulting, and management simulation. Plus, you will study with professors from Drexel’s highly regarded LeBow College of Business who have decades of experience in the marketing and business arenas. For marketing veterans and newcomers, alike, the program offers a dynamic curriculum featuring applicable marketing principals while simultaneously fostering creativity.
What Kinds of Jobs Can You Get With a degree in Marketing?
Graduates from Drexel’s BSBA online marketing degree program emerge workforce-ready for careers in a variety of organizations, including manufacturing firms, wholesaling companies, retail stores, service organizations, colleges and universities, sports teams, banking and financial institutions, and hospitals. In fact, in today’s complex, digitally-centric marketplace, the need for qualified marketing experts spans just about every industry.
Job titles within the marketing field include:
- Advertising Account Executive
- Advertising Sales Agent
- Digital Marketing Specialist or Manager
- Market Research Analyst
- Marketing Coordinator or Marketing Manager
- Media Buyer
- Email Marketing Specialist
- Social Media Manager
Additionally, courses in professional personal selling, marketing for new ventures and even marketing insights, among others, are designed to shape marketable professionals in an ever-changing world.
What Salary Will I Earn in Business Administration Marketing?
Upon degree completion, Drexel Dragons command a competitive business administration marketing salary, commensurate with their level of education, relevant experience and the industry in which they are applying.
Median Annual Wage*
Public Relations Manager
Market Research Analyst
*Data from allbusinessschools.com
How Long Does It Take to Get a Degree in Marketing?
As with many bachelor degrees, Drexel’s online BSBA with a major in marketing requires a total of 180 credit hours. However, students can move at their own pace, and depending on the number of transfer credits, complete the marketing degree online in 2.5 to 6.5 years.
State restrictions may apply to some programs.
This program is organized into four 10-week quarters per year (as opposed to the traditional two semester system) which means you can take more courses in a shorter time period. One semester credit is equivalent to 1.5 quarter credits.
You can transfer up to 120 quarter credits (equivalent to 80 semester credits) from any accredited institution of higher learning as long as the grade is a C or better and was earned within the past 10 years. The maximum number of transferable business classes is 32 quarter credits (8 classes).
|General Education Requirements|
|ENGL 101||Composition and Rhetoric I||3.0|
|ENGL 102||Composition and Rhetoric II||3.0|
|ENGL 103||Composition and Rhetoric III||3.0|
|MATH 171||Introduction to Analysis A||3.0|
|MATH 172||Introduction to Analysis B||3.0|
|MATH 173||Introduction to Analysis C||3.0|
|BIO 161||General Biology I||3.0|
|CHEM 111||General Chemistry I||4.0|
|PSY 101||General Psychology I||3.0|
|COM 270||Business Communication||3.0|
|PHIL 105||Critical Reasoning||3.0|
|English Literature Elective (ENGL 200 - 399)||3.0|
|Fine Arts Elective||3.0|
|General Education Electives||21.0|
|Select seven (21 credits) general education electives, with a minimum of one course in each of the following three categories. Take the remaining 12.0 credits from any of the topics listed under Additional General Education Electives.|
|Society and Culture|
|Communication, English, Fine Arts, International Area Studies, Language or Philosophy||3.0|
|Anthropology, History, Sociology, Political Science, Psychology||3.0|
|Computer Science, Information Systems, Science||3.0|
|Additional General Education Electives|
|Twelve (12) credits must be earned by taking 4 courses from the following topics: Communication, English, Fine Arts, International Area Studies, Language, Philosophy, Anthropology, History, Sociology, Political Science, Psychology, Computer Science, Information Systems, Math, Science||12.0|
|BUSN 111||Foundations of Business||4.0|
|MGMT 370||Business Consulting||4.0|
|ACCT 115||Financial Accounting Foundations||4.0|
|ACCT 116||Managerial Accounting Foundations||4.0|
|BLAW 201||Business Law I||4.0|
|STAT 201||Introduction to Business Statistics||4.0|
|ECON 201||Principles of Microeconomics||4.0|
|ECON 202||Principles of Macroeconomics||4.0|
|FIN 301||Introduction to Finance||4.0|
|MIS 200||Management of Information Systems||4.0|
|MKTG 201||Introduction to Marketing Management||4.0|
|ORGB 300||Organizational Behavior||4.0|
|OPM 200||Operations Management||4.0|
|INTB 200||International Business||4.0|
|MGMT 260||Introduction to Entrepreneurship||4.0|
|MGMT 450||Strategy and Competitive Advantage||4.0|
|MKTG 326||Marketing Insights||4.0|
|MKTG 356||Consumer Behavior||4.0|
|MKTG 380||Seminar in Marketing Strategy||4.0|
|Select five from the following:|
|MKTG 322||Advertising & Integrated Marketing Communications||4.0|
|MKTG 344||Professional Personal Selling||4.0|
|MKTG 347||New Product Development||4.0|
|MKTG 348||Services Marketing||4.0|
|MKTG 357||Global Marketing||4.0|
|MKTG 364||Marketing for New Ventures||4.0|
- Transfer Students
- A minimum of 24 previous college semester credits (36 quarter credits) with a grade of C or better from a regionally accredited institution
- GPA of 2.5 or above
- First-Year Students
- Between 0 – 23 previous college semester credits from a regionally accredited institution
- Must have earned high school diploma or GED a minimum of 2 years ago
With multiple ways to submit documents, Drexel makes it easy to complete your application. Learn more by visiting our Completing Your Application Guide.
- A completed application
- Transfer Students
- Official transcripts from all universities or colleges and other post-secondary educational institutions (including trade schools) attended
- First-Year Students
- Official high school transcripts
- Official ACT/SAT scores no more than five years old
- International Students: Scores from these organizations will fulfill the ACT/SAT requirement
- Transfer Students
- Additional requirements for International Students
The software used in many of our courses requires access to a PC. Apple doesn’t currently support the software needed to complete this coursework. Learn more.
The tuition rate for the academic year 2019-2020 is $534 per credit. (A 40% tuition savings off Drexel's regular tuition rate of $889 per credit)
- This program is eligible for Financial Aid.
- Special tuition rates available for Drexel University Alumni, Military members, and members of our Partner Organizations
- These rates apply only to new online students and students being readmitted.
- These rates apply only to fully online courses. Hybrid or on-campus courses may have different rates.
- Tuition rates are subject to increase with the start of each academic year in the fall term.
- All students must contact applyDUonline@drexel.edu within the first two weeks of the term to request tuition savings for which they qualify.
- Special rates cannot be combined. If you qualify for more than one special rate, you'll be given the one with the largest savings.
- When receiving special tuition plans with Drexel University Online, you may not combine them with other tuition benefits that may be available from Drexel University.
2019-2020 Academic Year
September 23, 2019
December 7, 2019
December 9, 2019
December 14, 2019
January 6, 2020
March 16, 2020
March 17, 2020
March 21, 2020
March 30, 2020
June 8, 2020
June 9, 2020
June 13, 2020
June 22, 2020
August 30, 2020
September 2, 2020
September 5, 2020