Graduate Certificate in Creativity and Innovation
In a world of increasing complexity, change, and competition, generating new ideas is now essential for corporate management. Successful organizations in all fields view creativity as vital and instill it throughout the organization. The application of creativity skills distinguishes managers who maintain the status quo from leaders who inspire a new direction or vision. By internalizing the spirit of creativity and the principles of creative problem solving, individuals can be transformed into change leaders.
The accredited online Graduate Certificate in Creativity and Innovation is designed to meet the needs of today's working professionals across many fields. The program provides, in a concentrated format, the most contemporary knowledge and skills needed in this important area for students who do not wish to pursue a master's degree but who value a credential that demonstrates their learning. Credits from this program can be applied toward an MS in Creativity and Innovation.
Upon completion of the program, students will have formed an in-depth understanding of creativity, enhanced communication, creative problem solving, and how these may be applied to practical situations that further their workplace culture. Graduates will use their newly enhanced creative thinking skills to reflect critically on existing workplace practices and express coherent and cogent ideas and suggestions for continuous improvement.
- Drexel is headquarters to the American Creativity Association (ACA,) affording students access to some of the world’s most prominent thinkers, researchers, and writers in the field of creativity and innovation.
- The Drexel/Torrance Center for Creativity and Innovation, directed by Dr. Fredricka Reisman, promotes creativity using programs that cultivate skills in creative thinking, innovative leadership practices, and problem solving techniques.
- The Applied Creativity Graduate Student Association (ACGSA) offers students an opportunity to promote creativity within and outside Drexel.
This program is organized into four 10-week quarters per year (as opposed to the traditional two semester system) which means you can take more courses in a shorter time period. One semester credit is equivalent to 1.5 quarter credits.
|CRTV 501||Foundations in Creativity||3.0|
|CRTV 502||Tools and Techniques in Creativity||3.0|
|CRTV 503||Creativity in the Workplace||3.0|
|CRTV 610||Creativity and Change Leadership||3.0|
|CRTV 620||Research Methods and Assessment of Creative and Innovative Thinking||3.0|
|CRTV 630||Global Perspectives on Creativity||3.0|
- A bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution with a GPA of 3.0 or higher (graduate degree GPA will be considered along with the undergraduate GPA)
- Applicants with a cumulative GPA below 3.0 may be considered on a provisional basis
With multiple ways to submit documents, Drexel makes it easy to complete your application. Learn more by visiting our Completing Your Application Guide.
- A completed application
- Official transcripts from all universities or colleges and other post-secondary educational institutions (including trade schools) attended
- Two letters of recommendation (professional or academic)
- Personal Essay of 500 to 750 words, describing your interest in the program, specifically:
- How the program relates to your previous educational activities
- If changing course, why you are moving in a new direction with your educational goals
- How the program relates to your current line of work
- How you plan to apply the program to your future goals
- Additional requirements for International Students
An interview may be requested.
The tuition rate for the academic year 2017-2018 is $921 per credit. (A 25% tuition savings off Drexel's regular tuition rate of $1228 per credit)
- This program is not eligible for Financial Aid.
- Special tuition rates available for Drexel University Alumni, Military members, and members of our Partner Organizations.
- These rates apply only to new online students and students being readmitted.
- All students must contact applyDUonline@drexel.edu within the first two weeks of the term to request tuition savings for which they qualify.
- Special rates cannot be combined. If you qualify for more than one special rate, you'll be given the one with the largest savings.
- When receiving special tuition plans with Drexel University Online, you may not combine them with other tuition benefits that may be available from Drexel University.
2017-2018 Academic Year
September 25, 2017
December 9, 2017
December 11, 2017
December 16, 2017
January 8, 2018
March 17, 2018
March 19, 2018
March 24, 2018
April 2, 2018
June 9, 2018
June 11, 2018
June 15, 2018
June 25, 2018
September 1, 2018
September 4, 2018
September 8, 2018
2018-2019 Academic Year
September 24, 2018
December 8, 2018
December 10, 2018
December 15, 2018
January 7, 2019
March 16, 2019
March 18, 2019
March 23, 2019
April 1, 2019
June 8, 2019
June 10, 2019
June 14, 2019
June 24, 2019
August 31, 2019
September 3, 2019
September 7, 2019