Online Project Management Masters Degree
Drexel's accredited online master's degree in project management is designed for mid-career professionals seeking to advance in a variety of fields. The program trains you to effectively manage projects, programs, and portfolios in today’s competitive production environments, and incorporates business acumen with valued communication skills and leadership ability. Upon graduation, you'll not only be capable of managing single projects, but efficiently coordinating integrated projects to achieve a set of business goals.
The program's curriculum is aligned with the internationally-recognized Project Management Institute’s A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide) and designed to support the completion of the Project Management Institute’s (PMI)® Project Management Professional (PMP)® Certification.*
What is Project Management
Project managers have one big, broad job: to make sure projects within their organization are completed. Within that broad description are many smaller responsibilities: organizing and overseeing team members, strategic planning, managing resources, and ensuring jobs are completed on time and within budget. Drexel’s master’s degree in program management is designed to familiarize you with the responsibilities of a project manager while ensuring that you learn the practical skills you need to excel on the job.
How to Become a Project Manager
So how do you become a project manager? Before you apply for a master’s in project management, you'll need an undergraduate degree in business or a degree in a more specialized field (marketing, engineering, etc.). You can also acquire a graduate certificate in project management to better prepare you for the demands of the job. Project management positions require communication and people skills, organization, problem solving and critical thinking, risk management, and quality management.
Yearly salaries for project managers tend to start at around $45,000 and can go up to $125,000.
What Industries Need Project Managers?
Project management competency can be applied in virtually any field, including: defense contracting, engineering, financial services, government contracting, IT/software development, and media arts and design. With Drexel's MS in Project Management degree, the possibilities are endless.
- A flexible, completely online program that fits easily into your busy work and personal schedule
- Technical competence and strong business acumen taught by industry professionals with experience in the public and private sectors and in union and open shop environments
- A highly interactive online learning method allows extensive interaction with faculty and other classmates
*PMBOK, PMP, Project Management Professional, PMI and CAPM are registered marks of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
Drexel University offers a variety of Graduate Minors that can be added to any master's degree program.
State restrictions may apply to some programs.
This program is organized into four 10-week quarters per year (as opposed to the traditional two semester system) which means you can take more courses in a shorter time period. One semester credit is equivalent to 1.5 quarter credits.
|PROJ 501||Introduction to Project Management||3.0|
|PROJ 502||Project Planning & Scheduling||3.0|
|PROJ 510||Project Quality Management||3.0|
|PROJ 515||Project Estimation & Cost Management||3.0|
|PROJ 520||Project Risk Assessment & Management||3.0|
|PROJ 530||Managing Multiple Projects||3.0|
|PROJ 535||International Project Management||3.0|
|PROJ 540||Project Procurement Management||3.0|
|PROJ 603||Project Leadership & Teamwork||3.0|
|PROJ 645||Project Management Tools||3.0|
|PROJ 695||Capstone Project in Project Management||3.0|
- A bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution
- Undergraduate cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher preferred (graduate degree GPA will be considered along with the undergraduate GPA)
With multiple ways to submit documents, Drexel makes it easy to complete your application. Learn more by visiting our Completing Your Application Guide.
- A completed application
- Official transcripts from all universities or colleges and other post-secondary educational institutions (including trade schools) attended
- Two professional letters of recommendation
- Personal statement (500 - 750 words) describing your interest in the program. Specifically:
- How the program relates to your previous educational activities
- If changing course, why you are moving in a new direction with your educational goals
- How the program relates to your current line of work
- How you plan to apply the program to your future goals
- Additional requirements for International Students
An interview may be requested.
The tuition rate for the academic year 2018-2019 is $1265 per credit.
- This program is eligible for Financial Aid.
- Special tuition rates available for Drexel University Alumni, Military members, and members of our Partner Organizations
- These rates apply only to new online students and students being readmitted.
- Tuition rates are subject to increase with the start of each academic year in the fall term.
- All students must contact applyDUonline@drexel.edu within the first two weeks of the term to request tuition savings for which they qualify.
- Special rates cannot be combined. If you qualify for more than one special rate, you'll be given the one with the largest savings.
- When receiving special tuition plans with Drexel University Online, you may not combine them with other tuition benefits that may be available from Drexel University.
2018-2019 Academic Year
September 24, 2018
December 8, 2018
December 10, 2018
December 15, 2018
January 7, 2019
March 16, 2019
March 18, 2019
March 23, 2019
April 1, 2019
June 8, 2019
June 10, 2019
June 14, 2019
June 24, 2019
August 31, 2019
September 3, 2019
September 7, 2019
Previous Academic Calendar
2017-2018 Academic Year
September 25, 2017
December 9, 2017
December 11, 2017
December 16, 2017
January 8, 2018
March 17, 2018
March 19, 2018
March 24, 2018
April 2, 2018
June 9, 2018
June 11, 2018
June 15, 2018
June 25, 2018
September 1, 2018
September 4, 2018
September 8, 2018