Online Master’s in Educational Technology
MS in Learning Technologies
Nationally recognized for its strengths in technology and the sciences, Drexel University offers a unique online Master’s Degree in Learning Technologies that is ideal for teachers, trainers, and other educational administrators striving to solve the technological learning challenges facing schools, corporations, startups, and training divisions.
The curriculum is built on a framework of national education standards, digital literacy, design thinking, learning sciences, and field experiences, empowering you to create learning solutions for an interconnected world that depends on instant information.
- Online program that can be completed on either a part-time or full-time basis
- Learn to effectively evaluate and assess emerging technologies
- Drexel is ranked as one of "America’s Best Graduate Schools" preparing today’s educators by U.S.News & World Report, and among the "Top-25 STEM Schools of 2018" by Forbes
- Ideal for a broad range of careers in educational and business settings
- Creating a Positive Collaborative Relationship Between the Subject Matter Expert and the Instructional Design Team
- Designing for Children: Introduction to Key Principles and Application to New Media
- Learning Technologies and Creativity & Innovation Programs
Drexel's 10,000 Hours Podcast: Your Homework is in Another Castle
Okay, so playing Super Mario Bros. may not help you pass your class. But Aroutis Foster is using his research in Drexel’s GLIDE lab to bring gaming into the educational space. Wouldn’t learning have been more fun growing up if you had video games and AI in the classroom?
This program is organized into four 10-week quarters per year (as opposed to the traditional two semester system) which means you can take more courses in a shorter time period. One semester credit is equivalent to 1.5 quarter credits.
|EDCR 512||Using and Integrating Learning Technologies||3.0|
|EDLT 503||The Learning Sciences||3.0|
|EDLT 537||Technologies for Performance Support||3.0|
|EDLT 543||Play & Learning in a Participatory Culture||3.0|
|EDLT 544||Integrating Games & Pedagogical Content Knowledge||3.0|
|EDLT 551||Instructional Design||3.0|
|EDLT 552||Instructional Design: Project Management||3.0|
|EDLT 553||Instructional Design: Special Topics||3.0|
|EDLT 554||Learning with Social Media and Mobiles||3.0|
|EDLT 561||Design-Based Research||3.0|
|ELL 501||The Purpose and Business of e-Learning||3.0|
|ELL 504||Learning Technologies & Disabilities||3.0|
|EDU 780||Capstone Research|
|Select from one of the following Capstone Tracks:|
|EDUP 780||Practitioner Capstone Course I|
|EDUP 781||Practitioner Capstone Course II|
|EDUT 780||Thesis Capstone Course I|
|EDUT 781||Thesis Capstone Course II|
|Lesson Study Track|
|EDUL 780||Lesson Study Capstone Course I|
|EDUL 781||Lesson Study Capstone Course II|
- A bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution
- Undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or higher (graduate degree GPA will be considered along with the undergraduate GPA)
- Provisional admission may be granted if your GPA is below 3.0
- An admissions interview is required for a GPA below 2.75
With multiple ways to submit documents, Drexel makes it easy to complete your application. Learn more by visiting our Completing Your Application Guide.
- A completed application
- Official transcripts from all universities or colleges and other post-secondary educational institutions (including trade schools) attended
- Two professional letters of recommendation
- Personal Statement (500 - 750 words) describing your interest in the program. Specifically:
- How the program relates to your previous educational and professional activities
- If changing course, why you are moving in this new direction with your educational goals
- How the program relates to your current line of work
- How you plan to apply the program to your future goals
- Current Resume
- Additional requirements for International Students
The tuition rate for the academic year 2019-2020 is $978 per credit. (A 25% tuition savings off Drexel's regular tuition rate of $1303 per credit)
- This program is eligible for Financial Aid.
- Special tuition rates available for Drexel University Alumni, Military members, and members of our Partner Organizations
- These rates apply only to new online students and students being readmitted.
- These rates apply only to fully online courses. Hybrid or on-campus courses may have different rates.
- Tuition rates are subject to increase with the start of each academic year in the fall term.
- All students must contact applyDUonline@drexel.edu within the first two weeks of the term to request tuition savings for which they qualify.
- Special rates cannot be combined. If you qualify for more than one special rate, you'll be given the one with the largest savings.
- When receiving special tuition plans with Drexel University Online, you may not combine them with other tuition benefits that may be available from Drexel University.
2019-2020 Academic Year
September 23, 2019
December 7, 2019
December 9, 2019
December 14, 2019
January 6, 2020
March 16, 2020
March 17, 2020
March 21, 2020
March 30, 2020
June 8, 2020
June 9, 2020
June 13, 2020
June 22, 2020
August 30, 2020
September 2, 2020
September 5, 2020