Certificate in Healthcare Informatics Program Online
Certificate in Healthcare Informatics
What Is Health Informatics?
Health Informatics is "the interdisciplinary study of the design, development, adoption and application of IT-based innovations in healthcare services delivery, management and planning." Source: National Institutes of Health
Simply put, Health Informatics allows health professionals to effectively use technology to provide superior patient care by staying organized and up to date.
Drexel's accredited online Certificate in Healthcare Informatics is designed for information professionals, clinical personnel and health care support personnel who want to increase their knowledge of health information technology and prepare for the management of the complex social and organizational issues surrounding this major change in health care.
The program provides the groundwork for improved ability to serve as a liaison to clinicians, health care administrators and other health care professionals as well as non-health care professionals in the use of current and emerging computer technologies. Upon graduating, you'll be able to take on additional health care IT-related responsibilities or embark upon new careers as managers or developers of health care IT systems.
Health Informatics Program Features
- Fully online program convenient for busy professionals
- Taught by the distinguished faculty of the College of Computing and Informatics
- Drexel University is a charter member of the American Medical Informatics Association Academic Forum
- A highly interactive, online learning environment designed to challenge and engage
Health Informatics Career Outlook
Jobs in Medical Records and Health Information Technician roles are projected to increase by 15% by 2024 (29,000 jobs) - higher than the nationwide average of 7% across all professions.
State restrictions may apply to some programs.
This program is organized into four 10-week quarters per year (as opposed to the traditional two semester system) which means you can take more courses in a shorter time period. One semester credit is equivalent to 1.5 quarter credits.
|INFO 648||Healthcare Informatics||3.0|
|INFO 731||Managing Health Informatics Projects||3.0|
|INFO 732||Healthcare Informatics: Planning & Evaluation||3.0|
- A bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution
With multiple ways to submit documents, Drexel makes it easy to complete your application. Learn more by visiting our Completing Your Application Guide.
- A completed application
- Unofficial, final transcript indicating a bachelor's degree conferred
- Essay/Statement of Purpose
- In approximately 500 words, describe what professional goals you hope to achieve, how an advanced degree facilitates that success and anything else you want the Admissions Review Board to know about you.
- Additional requirements for International Students
The tuition rate for the academic year 2018-2019 is $1265 per credit.
- This program is not eligible for Financial Aid.
- Special tuition rates available for Drexel University Alumni, Military members, and members of our Partner Organizations.
- These rates apply only to new online students and students being readmitted.
- Tuition rates are subject to increase with the start of each academic year in the fall term.
- All students must contact applyDUonline@drexel.edu within the first two weeks of the term to request tuition savings for which they qualify.
- Special rates cannot be combined. If you qualify for more than one special rate, you'll be given the one with the largest savings.
- When receiving special tuition plans with Drexel University Online, you may not combine them with other tuition benefits that may be available from Drexel University.
2018-2019 Academic Year
September 24, 2018
December 8, 2018
December 10, 2018
December 15, 2018
January 7, 2019
March 16, 2019
March 18, 2019
March 23, 2019
April 1, 2019
June 8, 2019
June 10, 2019
June 14, 2019
June 24, 2019
August 31, 2019
September 3, 2019
September 7, 2019
Previous Academic Calendar
2017-2018 Academic Year
September 25, 2017
December 9, 2017
December 11, 2017
December 16, 2017
January 8, 2018
March 17, 2018
March 19, 2018
March 24, 2018
April 2, 2018
June 9, 2018
June 11, 2018
June 15, 2018
June 25, 2018
September 1, 2018
September 4, 2018
September 8, 2018