Online MSN in Leadership in Health Systems Management
The accredited online MSN: Leadership in Health Systems Management prepares practicing nurses for senior administration roles in the constantly evolving and demanding health care environment. The program focuses on information systems management and evidence-based decision-making, two skill sets that are absolutely critical for today's nurse executives.
You'll learn how to solve problems, make decisions and operationalize the delivery of high-quality health care. With a focus on leadership training and the development of fiscal management, legal and ethical issues, strategic planning, organizational structures and marketing, Drexel’s MSN in Leadership in Health Systems Management will prepare you for exciting opportunities and real career advancement in this burgeoning field.
- The master's degree in nursing at Drexel University is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- Synchronous online lectures are offered in a highly interactive e-Learning method that both challenges and engages students
- An experienced and board certified faculty from Drexel’s acclaimed College of Nursing and Health Professions
- Flexible scheduling of administration practicum
- Three-year tuition lock for those who complete the program within 3 years
For questions, please contact:
Drexel University offers a variety of Graduate Minors that can be added to any master's degree program.
State restrictions may apply to some programs.
The MSN: Leadership in Health Systems Management program at Drexel University is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education.
This program is organized into four 10-week quarters per year (as opposed to the traditional two semester system) which means you can take more courses in a shorter time period. One semester credit is equivalent to 1.5 quarter credits.
The plan of study is designed with 1-2 courses per quarter. Graduate students who utilize student loans (FAFSA) have to maintain a minimum enrollment of 4.5 credits for a term or two courses per Quarter.
|MSN Core Courses|
|NURS 500||Confronting Issues in Contemporary Health Care Environments||3.0|
|NURS 502||Advanced Ethical Decision Making in Health Care||3.0|
|NURS 544||Quality and Safety in Healthcare||3.0|
|RSCH 503||Research Methods and Biostatistics||3.0|
|RSCH 504||Evaluation and Translation of Health Research||3.0|
|INFO 526||Information, Innovation & Technology in Advanced Nursing Practice||3.0|
|or NURS 553||Data Analysis for Decision-Making in HC Management|
|NURS 557||Leadership and Stewardship in the Health Professions||3.0|
|NURS 558||Economics of Healthcare Management & Policy||3.0|
|NURS 547||Communication and Self-Awareness for Leading and Managing in Healthcare||3.0|
|NURS 564||The Business of Healthcare||3.0|
|NURS 562||Workforce Management in Healthcare Organizations||3.0|
|NURS 559||Operations Management in Contemporary Healthcare Organizations||3.0|
|NURS 567||Strategic Management: Power, Politics and Influence in Healthcare Systems||3.0|
|NURS 568||Practicum and Symposium in Healthcare Operations Management||3.0|
|NURS 569||Practicum and Symposium in Technology and Management of Information in Healthcare Organizations||3.0|
- A Bachelor of Science in Nursing from a program fully accredited by the National League of Nursing (NLN/ACEN) or the American Association Colleges of Nursing (AACN/CCNE)
- Nurses with a non-nursing bachelor's may consider applying for the RN-BSN-MSN program (coming Fall 2017) to earn both a BSN and MSN concurrently, or apply to the RN to MSN Bridge Program
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Those with a lower GPA are encouraged to apply, but should ensure that relevant professional experience is included on their resume for evaluation
- A current, unrestricted United States RN license
With multiple ways to submit documents, Drexel makes it easy to complete your application. Learn more by visiting our Completing Your Application Guide.
- A completed application
- Official transcripts from all universities or colleges and other post-secondary educational institutions (including trade schools) attended
- Two professional letters of recommendation from either previous or immediate supervisors or former nursing faculty members who can attest to your clinical knowledge, skill
and potential aptitude for graduate study
- References will not be accepted from colleagues or family members
- Personal statement (800 to 1,600 words) that will give the admissions committee a better understanding of:
- Why you are choosing this particular track
- How your current work experience will enhance your experience in this program, and
- Your plans upon completing the degree
- Resume including specific details of your responsibilities and job experiences
- A copy of your United States RN license (License verification from your nursing license registry website is acceptable)
- Additional requirements for International Students
The tuition rate for the academic year 2018-2019 is $968 per credit. (A 10% tuition savings off Drexel's regular tuition rate of $1075 per credit)
- This program is eligible for Financial Aid.
- Special tuition rates available for Drexel University Alumni, Military members, and members of our Partner Organizations.
- These rates apply only to new online students and students being readmitted.
- Tuition rates are subject to increase with the start of each academic year in the fall term.
- All students must contact applyDUonline@drexel.edu within the first two weeks of the term to request tuition savings for which they qualify.
- Special rates cannot be combined. If you qualify for more than one special rate, you'll be given the one with the largest savings.
- When receiving special tuition plans with Drexel University Online, you may not combine them with other tuition benefits that may be available from Drexel University.
2017-2018 Academic Year
September 25, 2017
December 9, 2017
December 11, 2017
December 16, 2017
January 8, 2018
March 17, 2018
March 19, 2018
March 24, 2018
April 2, 2018
June 9, 2018
June 11, 2018
June 15, 2018
June 25, 2018
September 1, 2018
September 4, 2018
September 8, 2018
2018-2019 Academic Year
September 24, 2018
December 8, 2018
December 10, 2018
December 15, 2018
January 7, 2019
March 16, 2019
March 18, 2019
March 23, 2019
April 1, 2019
June 8, 2019
June 10, 2019
June 14, 2019
June 24, 2019
August 31, 2019
September 3, 2019
September 7, 2019