Online Master's in Sports Management
Master of Science in Sport Management
Do you want to land your dream job in today’s multi-billion-dollar sports industry? Drexel University’s revamped, online Master of Science in Sport Management program is just what you need to open those doors.
Whether on the court or in the offices behind the scenes, the industry is changing. From the infusion of big data to the rise of the super stadium, to the high-powered negotiations for star athletes, and major changes in sport media, there are more and more opportunities for innovative business professionals. Drexel’s online Sport Management program provides the expert knowledge you’ll need to master the business side of the game and help you develop skills and connections to enter this transformative industry.
What sets Drexel’s online MS in Sports Management apart?
By seamlessly integrating the sports application of law, economics and finance, marketing, media, and promotions with a top-notch business curriculum, the program offers a practical foundation for careers in professional or college sports, or with sports marketing firms, sports agencies, and other sports organizations.
Dual Degree Options
The LeBow College of Business offers the ability to share up to 15 credits across degrees, maximizing both your time and financial investment. You can declare your second degree once you have completed at least 15 credits of your initial degree. Any of the online business degrees can be paired as a dual degree such as MBA/MS Business Analytics, MBA/MS Sport Management, or MS Business Analytics/MS Sport Management, with shared coursework usually through elective credits.
What jobs can you get with a Sports Management degree?
Upon graduation, you will be prepared to pursue a variety of positions within sports organizations in finance, analytics, marketing, media, management, operations, events, sales and sponsorships, and more.
- Sports Marketing Manager
- Account Manager/Account Executive
- Inside Sales Representative
- Public Relations Assistant
- Event Planner/Coordinator
- General Manager
- Fitness Director
MS in Sport Management Program Advantages
- Integrates courses from Drexel’s business school to provide the more business-oriented plan of study the industry demands
- Provides the opportunity to study with expert faculty who know the sports industry first-hand and can help connect you with professionals working in the field
- Offers unique exposure to franchises in all four major league sports teams as well as other local and international sport organizations
- Our online format enables you to learn on your own schedule from anywhere – which means you won’t need to call a timeout from your career, family, or life to be successful
Summer Webinar Series
Join faculty, admissions counselors, and academic advisors for a sneak peek at online learning with Drexel University’s LeBow College of Business. Whether you have questions about how to make your application stand out or what it’s like to take an online graduate business course, this 3-part series will provide the support and information you need to take the next step.
Which Online Graduate Business Program is Right for You?
Tuesday, May 21, 2019 | 12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m. ET
A general overview of the LeBow College of Business online graduate programs, including the Drexel LeBow Online MBA, MS in Business Analytics, and MS in Sport Management.
The Drexel LeBow Student Experience
Wednesday, June 19, 2019 | 12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m. ET
Learn about the LeBow Graduate Career Services team, which offers MS and MBA career coaching to help you achieve optimal career advancement throughout your program, as well as after graduation.
A Faculty Perspective
Tuesday, July 23, 2019 | 12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m. ET
A LeBow professor presents an in-depth discussion about what to expect within your courses in LeBow’s online graduate programs.
This program is organized into four 10-week quarters per year (as opposed to the traditional two semester system) which means you can take more courses in a shorter time period. One semester credit is equivalent to 1.5 quarter credits.
You may transfer up to 15 quarter credits from an accredited institution.
|Business Core *|
|BUSN 501||Measuring and Maximizing Financial Performance||3.0|
|MGMT 601||Managing the Total Enterprise||3.0|
|or ORGB 625||Leadership and Professional Development|
|STAT 601||Business Statistics||3.0|
|Sport Business Core|
|SMT 601||Sports Industry Management||3.0|
|SMT 602||Sport Law||3.0|
|SMT 603||Sports Marketing||3.0|
|or MKTG 601||Marketing Strategy & Planning|
|SMT 604||Sport Media & Technology||3.0|
|or SMT 608||Sport Media & Public Relations|
|SMT 605||Sports Economics||3.0|
|SMT 606||Social Issues in Sport||3.0|
|SMT 621||Leadership in Sport Management||3.0|
|or ORGB 640||Negotiations for Leaders|
|Choose one of the following:|
|Sports Industry Practicum|
|Seminar in International Business|
|Independent Study in SMT|
|Sport Business Electives or Graduate Minor **||12.0|
|Sports Ticket Sales & Strategies|
|Seminar on Sports Research|
|Corporate Sponsorship Sales & Strategies in Sport|
|Development & Fundraising Strategies in Sport|
|Labor Relations & Collective Bargaining in Sport|
|Sports Facility Management|
|Sports Promotion and Sales|
|Sports Tournaments & Events|
|Sport Tourism Strategies|
|Sport Facilities & Event Management|
|Consumer Behavior in Sport|
|Gender Equity in High School & College Sports|
|March Madness: The Economics, History, & Social Impact of the NCAA Basketball Tournaments|
|Special topics in SMT|
|Special topics in SMT|
|Special topics in SMT|
*2.0 credit course substitutions require advisor approval
**Additional electives outside the department may be approved by your advisor
- A bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution
- Undergraduate GPA of at least 3.0 preferred
- Two years of prior work experience is recommended
With multiple ways to submit documents, Drexel makes it easy to complete your application. Learn more by visiting our Completing Your Application Guide.
A completed application
- Official transcripts from all universities or colleges and other postsecondary educational institutions attended (including trade schools)
- Unofficial transcripts may be sent to expedite the review of your application. Official transcripts must be received if you are accepted into the program.
Letters of Recommendation: Two professional letters that speak to your performance and accomplishments, and attest to your ability to succeed within the program.
Resume: Quality and quantity of professional experience will be evaluated
Essay: This personal statement (approximately 500 words) should describe in detail your reasons for pursuing a graduate degree from LeBow College, your short-term and long-term career plans, and how your background, experience, interests, and/or values, when combined with a Drexel graduate degree, will enable you to pursue those goals successfully.
Additional requirements for International Students
To make your application more competitive, you may elect to submit graduate level placement exam scores, like GRE or GMAT. If scores are submitted they will be considered as part of your application package.
The tuition rate for the academic year 2019-2020 is $949 per credit. (A 25% tuition savings off Drexel's regular tuition rate of $1265 per credit)
- This program is eligible for Financial Aid.
- Special tuition rates available for Drexel University Alumni, Military members, and members of our Partner Organizations
- These rates apply only to new online students and students being readmitted.
- Tuition rates are subject to increase with the start of each academic year in the fall term.
- All students must contact applyDUonline@drexel.edu within the first two weeks of the term to request tuition savings for which they qualify.
- Special rates cannot be combined. If you qualify for more than one special rate, you'll be given the one with the largest savings.
- When receiving special tuition plans with Drexel University Online, you may not combine them with other tuition benefits that may be available from Drexel University.
2018-2019 Academic Year
September 24, 2018
December 8, 2018
December 10, 2018
December 15, 2018
January 7, 2019
March 16, 2019
March 18, 2019
March 23, 2019
April 1, 2019
June 8, 2019
June 10, 2019
June 15, 2019
June 24, 2019
August 31, 2019
September 3, 2019
September 7, 2019
2019-2020 Academic Year
September 23, 2019
December 7, 2019
December 9, 2020
December 14, 2019
January 6, 2020
March 16, 2020
March 17, 2020
March 21, 2020
March 30, 2020
June 8, 2020
June 9, 2020
June 13, 2020
June 22, 2020
August 30, 2020
September 2, 2020
September 5, 2020