Special Education and ABA Online Dual Degree
Dual MS in Special Education and Applied Behavior Analysis
Today’s schools demand professionals trained in the science of human behavior and special education to help students with disabilities learn both academic and life skills. Drexel’s one-of-a-kind Dual MS in Special Education and Applied Behavior Analysis program combines the skills needed to educate these students with the specialized field of applied behavior analysis, which includes established principles, practices, and tools applicable across a wide array of settings.
Graduates are prepared for positions such as:
- Special Education Teacher
- Behavior Support Specialist/Analyst
- Autism Support Specialist
- Autism Consultant Teacher
- The only dual-master's program of its kind
- Online coursework provides the flexibility to learn when it’s convenient for you
- Opportunities to apply learning in field placement sites near you
- Prepares you to sit for the BACB certification exam and to obtain a Pennsylvania Special Education Certification
- The benefit of learning from the A.J. Drexel Autism Institute, which boasts renowned staff who are widely-published and respected in the field
The Behavior Analyst Certification Board, Inc.® has approved this course sequence as meeting the coursework requirements for eligibility to take the Board Certified Behavior Analyst Examination®. You must meet additional requirements to qualify.
This program is organized into four 10-week quarters per year (as opposed to the traditional two semester system) which means you can take more courses in a shorter time period. One semester credit is equivalent to 1.5 quarter credits.
A field component is required in most courses.
|EDEX 543||Emotional and Behavioral Support of Individuals with Disabilities||3.0|
|EDEX 549||Teaching Individuals with High Incident Disabilities||3.0|
|EDEX 550||Teaching Individuals with Low Incident Disabilities||3.0|
|EDEX 552||Integrating Technology for Learning & Achievement||3.0|
|EDEX 555||Teaching Students with Autism Spectrum Disorder||3.0|
|EDEX 630||Fundamental Elements of Behavior Change||4.5|
|EDEX 631||Measurement and Experimental Design||4.5|
|EDEX 632||Behavioral Assessment and Functional Analysis||4.5|
|EDEX 633||Behavioral Interventions||4.5|
|EDEX 634||Consultation, Systems Change, and Supervision||4.5|
|EDEX 635||Ethical Considerations and Professional Conduct||4.5|
|EDEX 636||Applications of Fundamental Elements of Behavior Analysis||4.5|
Elementary Special Education (Grades PreK-8)
|Special Education Law and Processes PreK-8|
|Teaching STEAM in an Inclusive Pre-K to 8 Environment|
|Special Education Practicum PreK-8|
Secondary Special Education (Grades 7-12)
|Special Education Law and Processes 7-12|
|Teaching Secondary Mathematics in an Inclusive Environment|
|Special Education Practicum 7-12|
|EDU 780||Capstone Research||3.0|
|Select from one of the following tracks:||6.0-7.5|
|Lesson Study Capstone Course I|
|Lesson Study Capstone Course II|
|Thesis Capstone Course I|
|Thesis Capstone Course II|
|Practitioner Capstone Course I|
|Practitioner Capstone Course II|
- A bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution
- Undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or higher (graduate GPA will be considered along with the undergraduate GPA)
- If you do not meet this requirement, you’re still encouraged to apply and your file will be reviewed on an individual basis by the Program Director
With multiple ways to submit documents, Drexel makes it easy to complete your application. Learn more by visiting our Completing Your Application Guide.
- A completed application
- Official transcripts from all universities or colleges and other post-secondary educational institutions (including trade schools) attended
- Two professional letters of recommendation
- Personal essay addressing the following:
- Why you’re interested in this field
- Why you’re interested in attending the program at Drexel University
- Your career goals and how Drexel’s program will help you achieve them
- How this program relates to your previous education and/or work experience
- Additional requirements for International Students
The tuition rate for the academic year 2019-2020 is $978 per credit. (A 25% tuition savings off Drexel's regular tuition rate of $1303 per credit)
- This program is eligible for Financial Aid.
- Special tuition rates available for Drexel University Alumni, Military members, and members of our Partner Organizations
- These rates apply only to new online students and students being readmitted.
- These rates apply only to fully online courses. Hybrid or on-campus courses may have different rates.
- Tuition rates are subject to increase with the start of each academic year in the fall term.
- All students must contact applyDUonline@drexel.edu within the first two weeks of the term to request tuition savings for which they qualify.
- Special rates cannot be combined. If you qualify for more than one special rate, you'll be given the one with the largest savings.
- When receiving special tuition plans with Drexel University Online, you may not combine them with other tuition benefits that may be available from Drexel University.
2019-2020 Academic Year
September 23, 2019
December 7, 2019
December 9, 2019
December 14, 2019
January 6, 2020
March 16, 2020
March 17, 2020
March 21, 2020
March 30, 2020
June 8, 2020
June 9, 2020
June 13, 2020
June 22, 2020
August 30, 2020
September 2, 2020
September 5, 2020