Online Graduate Certificate in Pharmaceutical and Medical Device Compliance
Drexel University Kline School of Law’s online Graduate Certificate in Pharmaceutical and Medical Device Regulatory Compliance is designed for those who need a comprehensive knowledge of the legal, regulatory, and ethical frameworks surrounding the field of pharmaceutical and medical device manufacturing, marketing, and sales. The program combines a core curriculum of legal compliance, risk assessment, and data privacy with an in-depth study of how industry regulators (like the Food and Drug Administration) approach regulation around the research, development, sales, and marketing of pharmaceuticals, biologics, and medical devices.
What is a Graduate Certificate in Regulatory Affairs in Medical Devices and Pharmaceuticals?
The goal of a graduate certificate in regulatory affairs is to help you gain a working knowledge of the legal and compliance frameworks of a specific industry. This online program is designed to help you navigate the complex regulatory world of the pharmaceutical and medical device industry. The core courses of the five-course, 15-credit certificate cover compliance foundational skills such as auditing, investigation, and risk management. You can then choose three electives on topics such as Food and Drug Law, Information Privacy Law, or Legal Regulations of Pharmaceutical and Medical Device Sales and Marketing Practices.
Online Graduate Certificate in Pharmaceutical and Medical Device Compliance Program Features
- Completely online format lets you learn when it’s convenient for you
- Take classes on a full-time or part-time basis
- Learn from the nationally recognized faculty at the Thomas R. Kline School of Law
- Classes are highly interactive and allow you to engage (and network) with your professors and classmates
- Utilize the Kline Graduate Programs Virtual Career Office which is dedicated to helping you reach your career goals via access to job postings, a virtual career classroom, and one-on-one coaching with faculty and alumni
What Jobs Can I Get With a Pharmaceutical Regulatory Affairs Certificate?
The Kline School of Law certificate program prepares you for roles throughout the pharmaceutical and medical device industry. Common job titles within this field include:
- Clinical Research Associate
- Medical Device Auditor
- Medical Device Sales Representative
- Pharmaceutical Compliance Officer
- Pharmaceutical Sales Representative
- Pharmaceutical Regulatory Affairs Officer
- Regulatory Compliance Officer
What Are the Salary Expectations for Jobs in the Pharmaceutical Industry?
Salary expectations for roles within the pharmaceutical and medical device industry vary based on exact titles, locations, etc. However, here are some common salaries and job titles to give you an idea of what to expect:
2018 Median Salary*
Clinical Research Coordinator
Medical Device Sales Representative
Pharmaceutical Sales Representative
Regulatory Affairs Manager
Regulatory Affairs Specialist
*Data from O*Net
- Master of Legal Studies – Pharmaceutical and Medical Device Regulatory Compliance Concentration
- LLM in Health Care and Pharmaceutical Compliance
- Graduate Certificate in Health Care Compliance
State restrictions may apply to some programs.
|LSTU 501S||Compliance Skills: Auditing, Investigation, & Reporting||3.0|
|LSTU 507S||Risk Assessment and Management||3.0|
|Select three of the following:||9.0|
|LAW 770S||European Union Data Privacy and Protection|
|LAW 785S||Legal Regulation of Pharmaceutical and Medical Device Research and Development|
|LAW 787S||Legal Regulation of Pharmaceutical and Medical Device Sales and Marketing Practices|
|LAW 792S||Food and Drug Law|
|LSTU 506S||Patients and Privacy: HIPAA and Related Regulations|
|LSTU 515S||Information Privacy Law|
|LSTU 517S||The Law and Strategies Surrounding Cybersecurity|
|LSTU 539S||Compliance Communications|
- A bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution
With multiple ways to submit documents, Drexel makes it easy to complete your application. Learn more by visiting our Completing Your Application Guide.
- A completed application
- Official transcripts from all universities or colleges and other post-secondary educational institutions (including trade schools) attended
- Additional requirements for International Students.
The priority deadline for Summer 2020 is April 20, 2020. We will accept applications until May 1st if space is available; however, all supporting documents must be received along with the application. Orientation may be truncated and course selection may be restricted if classes have reached enrollment limits. For term dates, please view the Kline School of Law academic calendar.
The tuition rate for the academic year 2019-2020 is $1234 per credit.
- This program is not eligible for Financial Aid.
- Special tuition rates available for Drexel University Alumni, Military members, and members of our Partner Organizations.
- These rates apply only to new online students and students being readmitted.
- These rates apply only to fully online courses. Hybrid or on-campus courses may have different rates.
- Tuition rates are subject to increase with the start of each academic year in the fall term.
- All students must contact applyDUonline@drexel.edu within the first two weeks of the term to request tuition savings for which they qualify.
- Special rates cannot be combined. If you qualify for more than one special rate, you'll be given the one with the largest savings.
- When receiving special tuition plans with Drexel University Online, you may not combine them with other tuition benefits that may be available from Drexel University.
2019-2020 Academic Year
August 19, 2019
December 13, 2019
January 6, 2020
May 6, 2020
May 26, 2020
August 4, 2020