Post-Bachelor's Certificate in Leadership in Health Systems Management
This accredited online certificate program provides a four-course grouping of classes from the MSN in Nursing Leadership in Health Systems Management curriculum. These classes provide essential skills for supervisory and management positions that will help you perform in expanded roles and grow as an emerging leader.
Upon completion of the program, you'll have 12 graduate level credits from a CCNE-approved Master's in Nursing Program that can be used towards a master's degree at Drexel or any other university.
For questions, please contact:
State restrictions may apply to some programs.
The Post-Bachelor's Certificate in Leadership in Health Systems Management program at Drexel University is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education.
This program is organized into four 10-week quarters per year (as opposed to the traditional two semester system) which means you can take more courses in a shorter time period. One semester credit is equivalent to 1.5 quarter credits.
|NURS 557||Leadership and Stewardship in the Health Professions||3.0|
|NURS 558||Economics of Healthcare Management & Policy||3.0|
|NURS 559||Operations Management in Contemporary Healthcare Organizations||3.0|
|Select one of the following:||3.0|
|Workforce Management in Healthcare Organizations|
|The Business of Healthcare|
|Strategic Management: Power, Politics, and Influence in Healthcare Systems|
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing from program fully accredited by National League of Nursing (NLN) and/or American Association Colleges of Nursing (AACN.) The accrediting body for NLN is ACEN and the accrediting body for the American Association Colleges of Nursing is CCNE.
- 2.75 GPA or above on all previous coursework
- Current, unrestricted United States RN license
With multiple ways to submit documents, Drexel makes it easy to complete your application. Learn more by visiting our Completing Your Application Guide.
- A completed application
- Official transcripts from all universities or colleges and other post-secondary educational institutions (including trade schools) attended
- One professional letter of recommendation from either previous or immediate supervisors or former faculty members who can attest to your clinical knowledge, skill, and potential aptitude for graduate study.
- References will not be accepted from colleagues or family members.
- Personal statement (800 to 1,600 words) that will give the admissions committee a better understanding of:
- Why you are choosing this particular track
- How your current work experience will enhance your experience in this program, and
- Your plans upon completing the degree
- A copy of your United States RN license (License verification from your nursing license registry website is acceptable)
- Additional requirements for International Students
The tuition rate for the academic year 2018-2019 is $968 per credit. (A 10% tuition savings off Drexel's regular tuition rate of $1075 per credit)
- This program is not eligible for Financial Aid.
- Special tuition rates available for Drexel University Alumni, Military members, and members of our Partner Organizations.
- These rates apply only to new online students and students being readmitted.
- Tuition rates are subject to increase with the start of each academic year in the fall term.
- All students must contact applyDUonline@drexel.edu within the first two weeks of the term to request tuition savings for which they qualify.
- Special rates cannot be combined. If you qualify for more than one special rate, you'll be given the one with the largest savings.
- When receiving special tuition plans with Drexel University Online, you may not combine them with other tuition benefits that may be available from Drexel University.
2018-2019 Academic Year
September 24, 2018
December 8, 2018
December 10, 2018
December 15, 2018
January 7, 2019
March 16, 2019
March 18, 2019
March 23, 2019
April 1, 2019
June 8, 2019
June 10, 2019
June 14, 2019
June 24, 2019
August 31, 2019
September 3, 2019
September 7, 2019