MSN: Clinical Nurse Leader
The accredited online MSN: Clinical Nurse Leader program is designed to prepare nurses for an evolving advanced generalist role in the quickly changing, increasingly complex clinical care environment. The program incorporates advanced knowledge and skill, clinical expertise in an 'evidence and quality' driven context, accountability for outcomes of care, integration of health care services, and clinical leadership for the care of clients. It also emphasizes the development of competencies related to the use of technology, evidence-based practice, customization of care, health team and interdisciplinary leadership, and outcome and risk assessment.
- The master's degree in nursing at Drexel University is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- Experienced and board certified faculty from Drexel's acclaimed College of Nursing and Health Professions
- A highly-interactive online learning method that challenges and engages students while remaining convenient for working nurses
- Flexible scheduling of clinical practicum in a variety of settings
- Three-year tuition lock for those who complete the program within 3 years
Clinical practicum experiences provide opportunities for students to deepen clinical skills and develop additional competencies for the management of clients’ health care needs at the point-of-care. Precepted clinical experiences will include activities such as modeling of care, assessment and evaluation of aggregate patient outcomes, case management and service integration, unit and interdisciplinary team leadership, teaching and mentoring of staff.**
For questions, please contact:
Student Services Manager
Drexel University offers a variety of Graduate Minors that can be added to any master's degree program.
State restrictions may apply to some programs.
The MSN: Clinical Nurse Leader program at Drexel University is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education.
This program is organized into four 10-week quarters per year (as opposed to the traditional two semester system) which means you can take more courses in a shorter time period. One semester credit is equivalent to 1.5 quarter credits.
The plan of study is designed with 1-2 courses per quarter. Graduate students who utilize student loans (FAFSA) have to maintain a minimum enrollment of 4.5 credits for a term or two courses per Quarter.
|MSN Core Courses|
|NURS 500||Confronting Issues in Contemporary Health Care Environments||3.0|
|NURS 502||Advanced Ethical Decision Making in Health Care||3.0|
|NURS 544||Quality and Safety in Healthcare||3.0|
|RSCH 503||Research Methods and Biostatistics||3.0|
|RSCH 504||Evaluation and Translation of Health Research||3.0|
|NURS 548||Advanced Pathophysiology||3.0|
|NURS 549||Advanced Pharmacology||3.0|
|NURS 550||Advanced Clinical Assessment & Diagnostic Reasoning||4.0|
|NURS 564||The Business of Healthcare||3.0|
|NURS 531||Epidemiology in Action: Tracking Health & Disease||3.0|
|NURS 532||Evaluation of Health Outcomes||3.0|
|NURS 602||Foundations for Clinical Nurse Leader||4.0|
|NURS 603||Clinical Nurse Leader Capstone Immersion I||5.0|
|NURS 604||Clinical Nurse Leader Capstone Immersion II||5.0|
- A Bachelor of Science in Nursing from a program fully accredited by the National League of Nursing (NLN/ACEN) or the American Association Colleges of Nursing (AACN/CCNE)
- Nurses with a non-nursing bachelor's may consider applying for the RN-BSN-MSN program (coming Fall 2017) to earn both a BSN and MSN concurrently, or apply to the RN to MSN Bridge Program
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Those with a lower GPA are encouraged to apply, but should ensure that relevant professional experience is included on their resume for evaluation
- A current, unrestricted United States RN license
With multiple ways to submit documents, Drexel makes it easy to complete your application. Learn more by visiting our Completing Your Application Guide.
- A completed application
- Official transcripts from all universities or colleges and other post-secondary educational institutions (including trade schools) attended
- Two professional letters of recommendation from either previous or immediate supervisors or former nursing faculty members who can attest to your clinical knowledge, skill
and potential aptitude for graduate study
- References will not be accepted from colleagues or family members
- Personal statement (800 to 1,600 words) that will give the admissions committee a better understanding of:
- Why you are choosing this particular track
- How your current work experience will enhance your experience in this program, and
- Your plans upon completing the degree
- Resume including specific details of your responsibilities and job experiences
- A copy of your United States RN license (License verification from your nursing license registry website is acceptable)
- Additional requirements for International Students
The tuition rate for the academic year 2017-2018 is $940 per credit. (A 10% tuition savings off Drexel's regular tuition rate of $1044 per credit)
- This program is eligible for Financial Aid.
- Special tuition rates available for Drexel University Alumni, Military members, and members of our Partner Organizations.
- These rates apply only to new online students and students being readmitted.
- All students must contact applyDUonline@drexel.edu within the first two weeks of the term to request tuition savings for which they qualify.
- Special rates cannot be combined. If you qualify for more than one special rate, you'll be given the one with the largest savings.
- When receiving special tuition plans with Drexel University Online, you may not combine them with other tuition benefits that may be available from Drexel University.
2017-2018 Academic Year
September 25, 2017
December 9, 2017
December 11, 2017
December 16, 2017
January 8, 2018
March 17, 2018
March 19, 2018
March 24, 2018
April 2, 2018
June 9, 2018
June 11, 2018
June 15, 2018
June 25, 2018
September 1, 2018
September 4, 2018
September 8, 2018
2018-2019 Academic Year
September 24, 2018
December 8, 2018
December 10, 2018
December 15, 2018
January 7, 2019
March 16, 2019
March 18, 2019
March 23, 2019
April 1, 2019
June 8, 2019
June 10, 2019
June 14, 2019
June 24, 2019
August 31, 2019
September 3, 2019
September 7, 2019