Certificate in Global Health
Drexel's accredited online Certificate in Global Health prepares students, professionals, and practitioners to work in changing environments and with diverse populations. Students will be prepared to respond competently to health challenges that transcend geographic and cultural boundaries, as well as identify and analyze factors that impact disparities in health status, health resources, and access to the health information and services, particularly for marginalized and vulnerable groups.
The program combines online coursework with a required summer integration module and field practicum that includes a 2-3 week supervised experiential (and cultural immersion) global health field experience and study tour that takes place in collaboration with a local, international or community-based global health organization in locations across the globe. Students in the Global Health certificate program will submit an application and pay a program fee in addition to tuition in order to participate in the summer field experience. For reference, the program fee for Summer Quarter 2017-2018 was $3,500. This amount is subject to change year-to-year. For more information, please contact Kristi LeBlanc at email@example.com or 215-895-6181.
View Drexel in the Field: Senegal and The Gambia, a book by the students of 2013's class.
This program is organized into four 10-week quarters per year (as opposed to the traditional two semester system) which means you can take more courses in a shorter time period. One semester credit is equivalent to 1.5 quarter credits.
|PBHL 704||Proseminar in Global Health Ethics (Offered as a series of three 1-credit seminar courses.)||3.0|
|PBHL 705||Public Health in Developing Countries||3.0|
|PBHL 706||Globalization, Development, and Comparative Health Systems||3.0|
|PBHL 707||Monitoring and Evaluation in Global Health||3.0|
|PBHL 708||Global Health Integration Module and Field Practicum Experience||6.0|
- A bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution
With multiple ways to submit documents, Drexel makes it easy to complete your application. Learn more by visiting our Completing Your Application Guide.
The tuition rate for the academic year 2018-2019 is $1163 per credit.
- This program is eligible for Financial Aid.
- Special tuition rates available for Drexel University Alumni, Military members, and members of our Partner Organizations
- These rates apply only to new online students and students being readmitted.
- Tuition rates are subject to increase with the start of each academic year in the fall term.
- All students must contact applyDUonline@drexel.edu within the first two weeks of the term to request tuition savings for which they qualify.
- Special rates cannot be combined. If you qualify for more than one special rate, you'll be given the one with the largest savings.
- When receiving special tuition plans with Drexel University Online, you may not combine them with other tuition benefits that may be available from Drexel University.
2018-2019 Academic Year
September 24, 2018
December 8, 2018
December 10, 2018
December 15, 2018
January 7, 2019
March 16, 2019
March 18, 2019
March 23, 2019
April 1, 2019
June 8, 2019
June 10, 2019
June 14, 2019
June 24, 2019
August 31, 2019
September 3, 2019
September 7, 2019
Previous Academic Calendar
2017-2018 Academic Year
September 25, 2017
December 9, 2017
December 11, 2017
December 16, 2017
January 8, 2018
March 17, 2018
March 19, 2018
March 24, 2018
April 2, 2018
June 9, 2018
June 11, 2018
June 15, 2018
June 25, 2018
September 1, 2018
September 4, 2018
September 8, 2018