Nursing Innovation MSN Degree
MSN: Nursing Innovation
The accredited online Master's in Nursing Innovation is an advanced nursing degree designed for nurses who seek to re-invent and transform nursing practice in today's tumultuous health care system. Graduates explore issues and innovations in nursing practice while filling problem-solving roles as clinicians, educators, administrators and clinical scientists. Others choose to move toward the business environment of healthcare.
This is an exclusive program for highly-disciplined and independent-thinking nurses whose career objectives may not be met by a traditional graduate nursing curriculum or career. The program emphasizes entrepreneurial and intrapreneurial approaches to advanced nursing practices and focuses on models, methods, environments and processes that will give you the tools to redesign and improve healthcare systems big and small. It offers a flexible, but rigorous curriculum, including a substantial capstone project that demonstrates innovation and pushing the creative boundaries in nursing practice.
- The master's degree in nursing at Drexel University is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education
- Consistently ranked among the best online Master's in Nursing Programs by U.S. News & World Report
- Synchronous online lectures are offered in a highly-interactive online learning method that challenges and engages
- An experienced and board certified faculty from Drexel's acclaimed College of Nursing and Health Professions
- Three-year tuition lock for those who complete the program within 3 years
During the program and developed under the direction of a nursing faculty member, you will participate in an individualized project based on your area of interest or expertise. This project is designed to illustrate change or offer contribution to nursing practice, patient care, population health, or personal health.
For questions, please contact:
Drexel University offers a variety of Graduate Minors that can be added to any master's degree program.
State restrictions may apply to some programs.
The MSN: Nursing Innovation program at Drexel University is accredited by the Commission on Collegiate Nursing Education.
This program is organized into four 10-week quarters per year (as opposed to the traditional two semester system) which means you can take more courses in a shorter time period. One semester credit is equivalent to 1.5 quarter credits.
The plan of study is designed with 1-2 courses per quarter. Graduate students who utilize student loans (FAFSA) have to maintain a minimum enrollment of 4.5 credits for a term or two courses per Quarter.
|MSN Core Courses|
|NURS 500||Confronting Issues in Contemporary Health Care Environments||3.0|
|NURS 502||Advanced Ethical Decision Making in Health Care||3.0|
|NURS 544||Quality and Safety in Healthcare||3.0|
|RSCH 503||Research Methods and Biostatistics||3.0|
|RSCH 504||Evaluation and Translation of Health Research||3.0|
|Required Track Courses|
|NURS 586||Innovation in Advanced Nursing Practice: Theory and Application||3.0|
|NURS 587||Case Studies in Intra/Entrepreneurship and Innovation in Nursing||3.0|
|NURS 564||The Business of Healthcare||3.0|
|PROJ 501||Introduction to Project Management||3.0|
|NURS 652||Innovation Capstone Project||6.0|
|Electives (by advisement with track coordinator)||12.0 - 15.0|
|Total Credits||45.0 - 48.0|
- A Bachelor of Science in Nursing from a program fully accredited by the National League of Nursing (NLN/ACEN) or the American Association Colleges of Nursing (AACN/CCNE)
- Nurses with a non-nursing bachelor's may consider applying for the RN-BSN-MSN program to earn both a BSN and MSN concurrently, or apply to the RN to MSN Bridge Program
- Cumulative GPA of 3.0
- Those with a lower GPA are encouraged to apply, but should ensure that relevant professional experience is included on their resume for evaluation
- A current, unrestricted United States RN license
With multiple ways to submit documents, Drexel makes it easy to complete your application. Learn more by visiting our Completing Your Application Guide.
- A completed application
- Official transcripts from all universities or colleges and other post-secondary educational institutions (including trade schools) attended
- Two professional letters of recommendation from either previous or immediate supervisors or former nursing faculty members who can attest to your clinical knowledge, skill and potential aptitude for graduate study
- References will not be accepted from colleagues or family members
- A personal statement regarding the nature of your proposed capstone. Specifically:
- Describe your proposed capstone project.
- Would your capstone project be intrapreneurial or entrepreneurial?
- Is your capstone a project, program, or product?
- Who is your target audience?
- Resume including specific details of your responsibilities and job experiences
- A copy of your United States RN license (License verification from your nursing license registry website is acceptable)
- Additional requirements for International Students
The tuition rate for the academic year 2018-2019 is $968 per credit. (A 10% tuition savings off Drexel's regular tuition rate of $1075 per credit)
- This program is eligible for Financial Aid.
- Special tuition rates available for Drexel University Alumni, Military members, and members of our Partner Organizations.
- These rates apply only to new online students and students being readmitted.
- Tuition rates are subject to increase with the start of each academic year in the fall term.
- All students must contact applyDUonline@drexel.edu within the first two weeks of the term to request tuition savings for which they qualify.
- Special rates cannot be combined. If you qualify for more than one special rate, you'll be given the one with the largest savings.
- When receiving special tuition plans with Drexel University Online, you may not combine them with other tuition benefits that may be available from Drexel University.
2018-2019 Academic Year
September 24, 2018
December 8, 2018
December 10, 2018
December 15, 2018
January 7, 2019
March 16, 2019
March 18, 2019
March 23, 2019
April 1, 2019
June 8, 2019
June 10, 2019
June 15, 2019
June 24, 2019
August 31, 2019
September 3, 2019
September 7, 2019